Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to see one a 3 in the metal - and I have to say, I was kinda dissappointed. Ive waited for months, and I feel real negative. A few points:

- I hate the hard plastic centre console: tacky and cheap is my comment
- I hate the fact that we have to pay $800 extra for the power pack, and dont even mention $700 for freakin cruise control!
- On roads for a Neo automatic is like A$26k, for the SP23 auto its like $35k: this is pretty expensive, and you're starting to get into real VW golf territory.
- The hatch is too LONG - it looks funny. This also affects its cornering response. And a ford focus still drives better. When you drive a focus, your heart beats fast, but with the 3 its too refined and a bit stiff in ride.
- I like the SP23 engine over the 2.0 : its more refined, but needs a bit more grunt. Maybe a chip, optimax and remus exhaust may loosen up some power. The auto tiptronic is also pretty cool - reminds me of the one in the Honda accord euro.
- The interior is FAR TOO DARK. And where's the friggin sunroof and leather option? I feel like a poverty pack in this thing (especially for the $$$) - and Im paying heaps. For goodness sake, a corolla has these options.

I have to say I am seriously considering an older ford focus zetec over this car - or even waiting for the new Golf or Focus later in the year. Am I too pessimistic witht his assessment? *sigh* :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry havent seen it yet, gotta wait till wednesday :(

but i got the feeling you feel a bit jipped. theres a good response from spook in my "options" thread about how we stack up to our NA cousins. did you know the've gotta pay extra for air con! now that sucks.

i think i was dissapointed when i read the final neo > maxx specs cause i expected electro gauges, sunroof, cruise, alloys, mounted audio controls, etc etc etc all for $25000! its because my wallet doesnt expect to pay more for a small car. but ive lowered my expecations in preparation for wednesday and i think i will be happy with the 3. we'll see...

in regards to the mech performance, no comment! i dont know or care about any of that stuff :) for me a small car is a small car is a small car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
askew said:
sorry havent seen it yet, gotta wait till wednesday :(

but i got the feeling you feel a bit jipped.
for me a small car is a small car is a small car
Damn right I feel jipped - seriously, the exchange rate has improved by like 30% since pricing was initially proposed. All they did was take out the electric windows options, and said "hey its like $1000 less..". We are being ripped.

A small car should be no reason to expect a lower quality car. Lets take a comparisson - have you driven a Honda accord Euro? A more powerful and classy car, and thats like $38k on road - compared to $35k for the mazda3. A VW golf GTI (turbo) is about the same - so for those prices, you gotta expect more fruit, quality and not haggling over cruise control!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts