Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
custom made CF emblem insert w/ black emblem, tinted reflectors and 3rd brake light

LED cup holders

painted engine cover(currently drying) w/ custom carbon fiber emblem background

"3" emblem inside, and switch for my interior cathodes(coming soon)

Ground wire kit w/ mazda speed logo(fuel rail, Throttle body, pass. side strut tower,+ stock grounds)

140DB airhorn setup

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Congrats on all the hard work! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!! the LED cupholders were actually pretty easy. i just got a couple of flush mont leds from radio shack, drilled some holes in the cup holders and snapped them in. then i ran a wire up to the ashtray and spliced it into the cig lighter wires. i would recomend maybe hooking them up to the light ring around the cig lighter or the light for the ashtray though so they come on when you turn your lights on and not when the key is in

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
the logo:
not mystyle i would have wrap my badges in CF

LED cupholder:
well maybe but they dont seem bright enough

engine cover:
once again i would have wrap the all cover (that be kick ass)

the 3 emblem:
cheap
looks out of place

ground wiring kit:
where did u get the logo, that looks nice

train horn:
well i need one off those to wake up all the old ppl on the road, but i am sure its way illegal

overall:
not my style but its all done very nicely and neat.
keep up the "good" work

atleast its original for a change!

ps: what is that switch u got next to ur shifter!?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that switch is gonna be for my red cathodes im puttin in the footwells. it has a red led to match the rest of the lights to. and +1 on the carbon fiber wrapped stuff. im completely with you on that, i might try to wrap my engine cover over the summer. ive done alot of fiberglass work so if its anything like that i think ill be alright. and i got the ground wire kit from k2 motor( go ahead and laugh) but it was only 25$ and looks awsome. the quality isnt to bad either.

oh yeah the leds dont look that bright in the pics but a night they will make a whole waterbottle glow red! check out my post in the interior mods section for night pics.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
[quote author=MazdaIII link=topic=71815.msg1274265#msg1274265 date=1174223866]
lol bro wassup with the horn! it'll blast anything that gets into ur way..
[/quote]

Off topic, but DAMN MazdaIII, you have one nice looking sedan! I mean seriously! Probably one of the best I have seen! Ok, back on topic...

·
Registered
274 Posts
[quote author=raptor3 link=topic=71815.msg1274571#msg1274571 date=1174240315]
[quote author=MazdaIII link=topic=71815.msg1274265#msg1274265 date=1174223866]
lol bro wassup with the horn! it'll blast anything that gets into ur way..
[/quote]

Off topic, but DAMN MazdaIII, you have one nice looking sedan! I mean seriously! Probably one of the best I have seen! Ok, back on topic...
[/quote]

tks bro =)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that switch is for my cathodes and vent lights. i think i got it from radio shack. it was like 3$. ya i scratched that plastic under the switch blanks. i tryed to remove it from the out side but you cant, i had to drop the lower dash( which surprisingly wasnt that bad)

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=rustyrider link=topic=71815.msg1282136#msg1282136 date=1174510743]
that switch is for my cathodes and vent lights. i think i got it from radio shack. it was like 3$. ya i scratched that plastic under the switch blanks. i tryed to remove it from the out side but you cant, i had to drop the lower dash( which surprisingly wasnt that bad)
[/quote]

Yeah tell me about it, I made the same decision took me about 4 seconds to realize that .. oh wait it doesn't come out like this. The emergency blinker light is exactly the same way, they just pop out from the back.

But yeah taking the lower part of the dash is ez compared to a lot of the other interior trim pieces and car components.

So when you say cathodes are those under the dash or do you have an undercar kit. Did you wire them directly to the battery so you can turn them on whenever you want regardless of if the car is turned on or not, or did you wire them into your cigarette lighter like I think I read that you did for the LED cup holders.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they are goin under the dash and front seats so the front and back floors will glow red. i havent put them in yet but they shpuld get here any day. im also putting a super bright red led way back in the vents so they glow red but you cant see the actual light. i got the stuff for oznium.com really good stuff and SUPER cheap!! $7 for two cathodes and a transformer.

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=rustyrider link=topic=71815.msg1282521#msg1282521 date=1174520488]
they are goin under the dash and front seats so the front and back floors will glow red. i havent put them in yet but they shpuld get here any day. im also putting a super bright red led way back in the vents so they glow red but you cant see the actual light. i got the stuff for oznium.com really good stuff and SUPER cheap!! $7 for two cathodes and a transformer.
[/quote]

Yeah i've seen oznium's stuff, i'm thinking of ordering some switch's from them ( depending on size placement and functionality.

I'm not sure as to their cold cathodes I did notice they were cheap i'm not sure of the quality though, I've got streetglow 9 in` neons under my dash and it's perfect. I've also got LED's in the vent's and they are far enough in that you can't see them unless you stick your head all the way up. ( don't mount them too far back though, if you can't see the light .. well then you can't see the light, and since led's have a low viewing angle .. but yeah you will figure that out :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts