Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on here fella's and unfortunately it isn't to tell anyone about my new car. I have been looking all over Ohio and E. Pennsylvania for a MazdaSpeed3, but have only found ONE(and it was blue)! I am looking for a True Red 6spd, either model though i'd prefer the Sport since I hate leather. I have talked to 2 dealers, neither of which said they were taking orders for the car. I know they're being supplied in limited numbers and I am in one of the WORST area's for a car such as this, but someone's got to have one around here somewhere! I have been online and it seems that most of the dealers I have found selling them are out west, which is natural, but I am not really prepared to get one across the country. Another thing I am worried about is the fact that since it's "limited" ,any dealer in my area is going to take the price up around $30K, which is more than I am willing to spend on this particular car. Since supplies for anything that is not a GM or Honda are somewhat limited the dealers around here feel the need to take the prices up to compensate. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue, but if anyone knows where I could find one of these please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was at the Mazda dealer near me (Don Allen, Pittsburgh) about 2 weeks ago and they had a true red sport in the showroom. I said to the salesman that its a shame they are not accepting S-plan on the Speed3 and he said he had never heard such a thing. He was ready to deal - plus people on here have gotten them for under MSRP - so I don't think you would have to pay anything like 30. Don't let the dealership frighten you with the limited edition thing. They are just trying to whip you into a panic so they can own you when its time to negotiate. The ZIP is 15224 - good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
[quote author=BoostedBeta2 link=topic=69231.msg1200395#msg1200395 date=1171175901]
This is my first post on here fella's and unfortunately it isn't to tell anyone about my new car. I have been looking all over Ohio and E. Pennsylvania for a MazdaSpeed3, but have only found ONE(and it was blue)! I am looking for a True Red 6spd, either model though i'd prefer the Sport since I hate leather. I have talked to 2 dealers, neither of which said they were taking orders for the car. I know they're being supplied in limited numbers and I am in one of the WORST area's for a car such as this, but someone's got to have one around here somewhere! I have been online and it seems that most of the dealers I have found selling them are out west, which is natural, but I am not really prepared to get one across the country. Another thing I am worried about is the fact that since it's "limited" ,any dealer in my area is going to take the price up around $30K, which is more than I am willing to spend on this particular car. Since supplies for anything that is not a GM or Honda are somewhat limited the dealers around here feel the need to take the prices up to compensate. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue, but if anyone knows where I could find one of these please let me know. Thanks.
[/quote]

This could be a silly question, but...Have you tried looking at dealer inventory here?

http:www.mazdausa.com

I live in Columbus and Mazda Direct is supposed to have a Trued Red GT in stock, according to the website. Also, I don't know how far you are from Wooster, Ohio, but Mazda of Wooster, is great to deal with. I bought two Mazdas from them and highly recommend Rick Preast (salesman).

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fella's. I called the dealer in Pittsburgh, but they're going to get back to me on Monday. As far as the Mazda locator I honestly had no idea. I built the car I wanted and hit the check inventory but it said no cars available. As far as the dealer in Wooster, they were honestly the ONLY one who even had one, and it was blue. I really don't want blue. I love black but NE Ohio+black=fogetaboutit. So I guess I will try giving the dealer's in Pittsburgh and Wooster a call tomorrow. This is probably stupid but did anyone let you guys test drive these cars? Just wondering I know a local Dodge dealer got in some big trouble when a kid wrecked a SRT-4 goofing off on a test drive. I find that dealers in this particular area suck for the most part, so it makes the buying experience more of a hassle than anything.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
if you want to come into se michigan suburban mazda shows a black and red sport and red gt in stock.

SUBURBAN MAZDA OF FARMINGTON
37911 GRAND RIVER AVENUE
FARMINGTON HILLS , MI 48335
248-471-0800

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Park Mazda of Akron had a true red speed3 when I purchased my 3 a couples months ago...They said I could have test drove it but the car already had a deposit on it so I couldn't. I don't think you'll have a problem with a test drive.

Park Mazda didn't have the car I wanted either so they searched for me and retreived it from a different state. My husband just bought a Speed6 from them a couple days before I bought my car so I'm not sure if that had anything do to with them helping me out or not. In my opinion, the dealership should do the work for you. That's what they are there for, to help you out.

Good luck and I hope you find one.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
usually when the dealer gets a car from out of state they will charge you for it. check your paper work.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
yep, you were lucky they had something to trade.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Just a little heads up on the "in stock" listings found on the MazdaUSA web site. In some cases that is bit of a stretch. I received my VIN# (ordered the car with $500 deposit) and from that time until my car came in and was delivered to me, the dealer site indicated there was one in stock, even listed the VIN - - - ya, the same VIN as my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Park Mazda in Akron has a gray one in the showroom, I saw it yesterday. i asked about price and they said its just sticker nothing more

·
Registered
3 Posts
out of curiosity i called park mazda in akron again (i was just there yesterday) and I asked the internet guy (Brad somethingorother) about a mazdaspeed 3. they have two in stock the gray one (which he keeps referring to as blue, and a black one. they are both GT models, also he said if you go thru the internet dept he can get you $200.00 off of sticker.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
lol. thats because it is cosmic blue. they dont make the speed3 in grey.

·
Registered
568 Posts
also check park mazda of wooster, might be more of a drive, but Bill will really work with you. the one in Mentor (can't think of the name) is also very willing to order you one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Classic Mazda in Mentor Ohio..... that's where I bought mine.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I didn't really see if this question has been answered but I was certainly allowed to test drive before I purchased. As a matter of fact, I test drove a True Res Sport, and purchased a Black Mica GT. (Figure that out....) My dealer was really cool about it. I had a thing to be at, and she let me take the car, just kept a copy of my DL and insurance card. No worries there.

As far as a True Red Sport, if you find a good dealer, they will trade for one. I know a friend of mine went to the same dealer I did, and they had his car trucked in from Texas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts