Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hello everyone. im very glad to see that there is many fans out there that are in love with the mazda3, i myself have been keeping an eye on it and what you guys write about it but now its time to get one of my own.

well to start off.......im going to buy a new car. this is going to be my first car ever. im going to turn `17 on the 17 of january and i am also thinking of insurance and finance company to use.

i checked out edmunds.com which by the way guys......u guys should use before your ever going to buy a car.

well the msrp on the car itself with everything i want on it will be about $19,695. which includes. Leather interior, 6-cd changer, abs/sac/sab package and the sport package.
edmunds even tells you the invoice price of the options which i love.

the invoice price of the car will be like 18300 with destination charges and sales taxes already inclued.

i am expecting to pay like 100 or 200 dollars more jus to make it a fast deal.

the thing is that im going to probably get some really high interest rates if i use the mazda dealers finance company.
is it better to use these companies like capital one that say they offer lowest aprs or is that jus a bunch of fuey. what im also considering is the price on going to have to pay for insurance. since the car is going to be brand new and im going to be a new driver do any of you know what my monthly insurance would approx. come out to? and any company i should use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing to consider is that im going to have the car in my mothers name for about 5 months and its going to be on her credit for those 5 months also....my moms credit is rated at fair if that matters.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
With "fair" credit you may want to check and see the rates that are going to be offered by your local credit union or bank. When auto creditors see anything but "excellent" on your rating they usually move your APR into the double digits.

Consider keeping the car insured under your mother and be retained as a registered driver for the car. Especially at your age, you are considered a huge liability statistically (even with spotless records). If you're a guy, its even worse. Being retained as a registered driver under your mom will be well worth the savings.

18400 -> 18500 is a good deal, but I bet you can pull near 18,000 if you bargain hard and hit several dealers up for quotes. Lots of people have been doing well in the process.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I consider my credit to be Fair. More like poor. Its in the low 600s.

Basically, when they first ran my credit.. it was gonna be over 10%. Then I whipped out $8k cash, and that was the final word lol.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
New here... just found the sight tonight too

I'm 22, have so so credit, and I have 10-12k to throw out for a down payment; however, my monthly income is ~700 (full time student at UT).

So... is it worth a shot? Even if to finance 8k at 10%+

So with your poor credit and fat down payment, what did you get hooked up with?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be able to get the car at a really low rate with 10-12k for the down payment. i myself wish i had that much to put down but ive already had a hard time saving 2 thousand dollars.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I ended up getting 4.9% with $8k cash. They still woulda given me 4.9% with $5k cash.

But I wanted lower monthly payments. Im at $232 @ 4.9% for 60 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts