Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fan of Mazdas for years and I've been lurking here off and on, but never had much of a chance to join in.

Anyway... I just bought a new '09 s Touring sedan in Metro Gray. I originally wanted Stormy Blue, but I 'settled' for the Metro for the black interior. The more I look at it, the happier I am that I got that instead of the blue. So I picked it up Saturday and got to have some fun driving around Sunday before the snow yesterday. The dealer still owes me a wing spoiler, but that hopefully goes on later this week. I've been practically bouncing up and down for a week out of sheer excitement.

Pictures to follow later this week if I get a chance.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Congratulations on the purchase. Any plans for making it your own? Nice to see you've been checking out the forum. There is a ton of info and great ideas here.

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easier to answer some questions and to meet up with members in your area.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=137919.msg2973015#msg2973015 date=1236091628]

Congratulations on the purchase. Any plans for making it your own? Nice to see you've been checking out the forum. There is a ton of info and great ideas here.

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easier to answer some questions and to meet up with members in your area.
[/quote]

Location's there now, though I hope I won't be asking any serious questions for a while.

I don't have specific plans to change anything yet. I'm going to enjoy it for a bit before I go mucking things up. Not to mention, I'm a bit paranoid about voiding the warranty. It's the first car I've owned that's even HAD a warranty...

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Well then I will caution you on this forum. It's very addicting and when you spend time looking around you'll discover many cool things you didn't know you even wanted :p

Actually, it's good that you're going to be patient. You can place more thought into what you want out of your new car. Some join so eager to get to work that they later realize they made poor choices and end up buying things twice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm not the type to dive into things without (over)thinking. Actually, the only reason I have the car now is because I didn't want to get 'stuck' with a 2010. I'm not sure if I like the body and I was scared of having an all-new model. Not to mention the incentives for February were pretty nice...

Anyway, the only thing on my list so far is window tint, but I'm not in any big hurry. I'm sure I'll have plenty of ideas by the time I'm settled in the car. I'm sure it depends on the dealer, but how bad is Mazda with warranties? What changes can I make before I start getting myself into trouble?

BTW - are you the official welcoming committee? Or just the only person that reads this forum? :p

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=lafmeche link=topic=137919.msg2973848#msg2973848 date=1236115990]
BTW - are you the official welcoming committee? Or just the only person that reads this forum? :p
[/quote]

Do you what I listed as model in my profile!?!?! I just like to greet the new peeps. LOL, I'm probably in the top % who read this forum. I spend way too much time here because it's a good place to spend time.

Answering your question on warranties is difficult. There are so many variables on parts and what dealers will and will not respond to. If there is something specific that you want to do and can't find an answer, post it up and someone will chime in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=137919.msg2973015#msg2973015 date=1236091628]

[/quote]

I just got a metro gray 3 as well - it really is a beautiful color and i had to laugh when i saw your mention of the stormy blue & it's interior - that was the entire reason i went for the metro gray also, i couldnt wrap my brain around having tan seats & a black dash lol...in hindsight i'm really glad i went with the metro gray though because i've already received alot of compliments & it looks killer at night.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Yeah Daniel's sort of the unofficial welcoming committee. :lol: My stock two suggestions for everyone are A) check out the "why you should buy a third key" sticky at the top of this forum, and B) think about upgrading/replacing/augmenting the stock anemic clown horn. Really cheap mod that can totally improve the honkability of the car. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm greeting, guys. It's a nice change from some other forums I've come across in the past...

[quote author=icspots link=topic=137919.msg2975063#msg2975063 date=1236174524]
Congrats and welcome. Yeah Daniel's sort of the unofficial welcoming committee. :lol: My stock two suggestions for everyone are A) check out the "why you should buy a third key" sticky at the top of this forum, and B) think about upgrading/replacing/augmenting the stock anemic clown horn. Really cheap mod that can totally improve the honkability of the car. ;)
[/quote]
I'm considering a third key, though I don't recall ever losing anything more expensive than maybe a pen. I'll probably get around to that eventually. As far as the horn goes, yeah.... that one has definitely occurred to me. I assume that's safe to do without the dealer getting worked up...?

[quote author=larryb78 link=topic=137919.msg2973943#msg2973943 date=1236118403]
I just got a metro gray 3 as well - it really is a beautiful color and i had to laugh when i saw your mention of the stormy blue & it's interior - that was the entire reason i went for the metro gray also, i couldnt wrap my brain around having tan seats & a black dash lol...in hindsight i'm really glad i went with the metro gray though because i've already received alot of compliments & it looks killer at night.[/quote]
Great minds think alike, eh?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=lafmeche link=topic=137919.msg2976352#msg2976352 date=1236209878]
Thanks for the warm greeting, guys. It's a nice change from some other forums I've come across in the past...[/quote]

We have our moments. Just like all forums we still have our occasional trolls so please don't get turned off of this forum when they rear their ugly heads. I think I'm a member of 6 or 7 Mazda forums and this is certainly the best one.

I'm considering a third key, though I don't recall ever losing anything more expensive than maybe a pen. I'll probably get around to that eventually. As far as the horn goes, yeah.... that one has definitely occurred to me. I assume that's safe to do without the dealer getting worked up...?
Yeah grabbing a third key is basically just an insurance policy. Spend $22 now to save $80 just in case.

I personally doubt the dealer would even notice a replaced horn, esp. if you kept the new one in the stock location. Even then the only thing they could blame it on is if you had some horrible short out in the electrical system which they could trace back to the horn as the problem.

[quote author=larryb78 link=topic=137919.msg2973943#msg2973943 date=1236118403]
Great minds think alike, eh?
[/quote]

And so do yours. ;) j/k :p :hide:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not like you guys haven't seen one before, but here are my pictures anyway :)

My camera's ancient, but you can still make it out (Click for bigger)

The spoiler just got put on yesterday. Of course I got the dealer to throw it in. Apparently, they contract out to a guy who was nice enough to come and do it in the parking lot while I was at work. He did a great job on it too

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=lafmeche link=topic=137919.msg2980160#msg2980160 date=1236433169]
Not like you guys haven't seen one before, but here are my pictures anyway :)

My camera's ancient, but you can still make it out (Click for bigger)

The spoiler just got put on yesterday. Of course I got the dealer to throw it in. Apparently, they contract out to a guy who was nice enough to come and do it in the parking lot while I was at work. He did a great job on it too
[/quote]

congrats - looks great (just like mine! lol)

one bit of warning - try your best not to pick up the trunk from the spoiler, it's important to remember that it's not really part of the trunk lid...once saw a spoiler on a friends cobalt come off that way, couldve been a bad install but still it'd make me nervous

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to do that all the time with my Camry and considering how it's bolted on, I can't imagine the spoiler coming off, but now you've got me paranoid... :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=lafmeche link=topic=137919.msg2991945#msg2991945 date=1236946647]
I used to do that all the time with my Camry and considering how it's bolted on, I can't imagine the spoiler coming off, but now you've got me paranoid... :p
[/quote]

i dunno he might have been rough with it but still im going to be cautious with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts