Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new rims in Cali.. Just waiting for them to reach hawaii.. Just in 5 more days i will be running on some Pro-Drive CG-10's which weight about 18 pounds...

My question is has any one heard of Maxxis tires? They wrapping my rims with the Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra.. Any pro/con's for these tires? thanks guys...

·
Registered
5 Posts
NIce choice on the wheels, but what size and offset did you go with? A s far as the tires, well Maxxis has been making some seriously nice ATV/dirt bike/road bike tires for quite some time. They just recently got into the car market here in the States, but I don't think that you'll be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got 18 X 7.5 running 225/40/ZR18.. Offset i am not sure, but they guy said it would look hella sharp on the 3....
I looked on the Maxxis site, and checked out the tire i was running, and well it seems like its a damn good tire.. I hope so... As far as the rims, i was going with Gram lights, but they never had the ones in stock, and the guy gave me a deal on this pro-drive GC-10's.... I am pretty happy with what i am getting so far....

As far as pictures its kinda hard when your in Iraq, and your ride is in hawaii... Once i get the rims, trust me this tread will be up dated with some pictures..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=island warrior link=topic=69226.msg1200848#msg1200848 date=1171222463]
What do they look like?
[/quote]

Will get pictures when i get them put on for everyone..

·
Registered
145 Posts
nice wheels. last I heard Prodrive wheels are made by O.Z. Racing.

btw, BBS filed for bankruptcy last week. i wonder if anyone will buy them out. When SSR filed for bankruptcy last year, Tanabe bought them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Is Prodrive really made by OZ?

I mean, they do kind of look similar. My neighbor has 2 VW Passat wagons, one with Prodrives, the other with OZ Ultraleggeras.

·
Registered
235 Posts
From what I've read...the Prodrive GC series is made by Rays Engineering. Them are some really really nice wheels :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=emat206 link=topic=69226.msg1201801#msg1201801 date=1171255891]
From what I've read...the Prodrive GC series is made by Rays Engineering. Them are some really really nice wheels :D
[/quote]

Thats what i read, and hear as well.. yeah they are some really really nice wheels, and hella expensive too.. cant wait to get them on though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts