Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=70246.msg1228882#msg1228882 date=1172297211]
You cant just say you finalized a deal without telling us what that is!

Haha, if you don't mind... what kind of deal did you get?
[/quote]

OK. Red GT with compass/autodim mirror and wheel locks. No trade - cash deal. $24,765 MSRP and got it for $23,800 including all fees (doc fee, etc), temp tags, some throw in freebies(oil changes, free dinner, couple other things), etc. Pretty good deal I think.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Comparing deals with sales tax is apples and oranges in my opinion, at least with the way the laws are in Missouri. If I have a trade-in, I would only pay sales tax on the difference but if I pay cash I would pay sales tax on the whole amount. The amount of the sales tax could be considerably different but really doesn't change the deal from the dealer. If I pay cash for a car and pay sales tax on the whole amount and then later sell one of my other vehicles, I can then make a claim for sales tax reimbursement and get a check back from the State. This makes it work as if I had traded the car in and only paid sales tax on the difference but it doesn't change the deal I had with the dealer.

Also, differing sales tax rates could make a big difference. If I buy in an area that has a very low sales tax rate and my total outlay is less than someone else's, does that mean the dealer gave me a better deal? Not necessarily as I might have actually paid more for the car but a little less after sales tax. In that situation, I actually got a worse deal from the dealer.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
[quote author=kokemon23 link=topic=70246.msg1241290#msg1241290 date=1172764497]

"OMG that was the greatest deal of all time :shock:"

[/quote]

LOL. Definitely not the greatest deal of all time but not too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.