Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USA basketball is back on top of the world rankings, where we belong. all in all it was a pretty dominating performance. our only tough game was against a much bigger Brazil squad. but other than that our boys handled their business.

did ANYONE else watch this tourny besides me? it was some of the best basketball i've watched in years. the international game is played so much faster than NBA ball. the smaller court and shorter quarters really help push the tempo.... that, and the MUCH closer three-point line.

thoughts?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
[quote author=moser3002 link=topic=179468.msg3795265#msg3795265 date=1284396826]
USA basketball is back on top of the world rankings, where we belong.
[/quote]

... No. As a player I might say that, but as a fan, no.

I saw bits and pieces of the tournament. But with all the taped delays and the fact that US Open was on at the same time, didnt watch as much as I would have liked.

If anything, this tournament was an example of athleticism compensating for the lack of size.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's nothing wrong with using our advantage to our advantage. of course we're going to rely on athleticism to make up for the lack of size down low. what else are we supposed to do? our boys were faster than every other team, and that was a huge factor. but isn't that part of the game? and remember, we only had two or three players on the team that would actually represent us if all of our best players were there.

and i'm not sure what tape delay you're refering to. nbatv had almost every game on live, and most of the USA games were on an espn channel. i never missed a tip off.

but now i can't help but wonder what the team will look like in London in 2012. the starting five would have to be D-Will, Kobe, Durant, LBJ and Howard.
with the bench consisting of CP3, D-Wade, Melo, Bosh and Brook Lopez. for the other two spots i'd like to get both some additional shooting and some size for when Howard gets in foul trouble. i'm thinking either Eric Gordon or D-Rose in the backcourt and maybe Iggy in the front court since he played so well as a power foward during this event.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts