Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
i don't think they're going to look good either...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
[quote author=rustyrider link=topic=71563.msg1259376#msg1259376 date=1173497562]
i think i just threw up a little in my mouth, Naw dude!
[/quote]

I'm onto you!

·
Registered
590 Posts
My coment? Do what you want. If you do it and it's trash, then fine, now you know better, but if you do it and you like it, you'll be glad you didn't listen to anyone.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've seen that on eBay multiple times and passed right on by each time. I don't think it could ever look good. But you could always see what the return policy is and maybe buy them just to see what they look like in person if you can ship them back to the seller.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Modding = Customizing
So do whatever you want and be proud of yourself. After all, this is your car. My opionion? I would do it if I had the money.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
really though, for what they are, its not a bad price.

i would worry about fitament issues. with a body kit, its not that big a deal to just sand down the material, but with metal, and metal of questionable quality at that...

fender vents are getting more common coming stock from places (see the 07 tiburon). i'd kinda like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Actually I have thought about getting these myself. My only hangup, really, is that you lose your side repeater. Plus, I am not sure what is behind the fender. I think from other pictures I have seen it is just more metal. Therefore it might not look as cool as you might think. But I say go for it! Don't get all the common stuff everyone around here gets. Be original and enjoy! Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it is going to look bad. Expecially painted body color.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Don't think z3 vents look good on anything that's not a z3 myself, but if someone went to the trouble of this I'd give them props for putting in the effort and not just going for stick-on nonfunctional vents.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=wolfe link=topic=71563.msg1260307#msg1260307 date=1173570257]
Don't think z3 vents look good on anything that's not a z3 myself, but if someone went to the trouble of this I'd give them props for putting in the effort and not just going for stick-on nonfunctional vents.
[/quote]

Are these vents really any more functional than the stick on ones? They're still a purely visual mod, just a more expensive version.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Agreed, I'm sure they won't have any cooling or airflow benefit (the inner fenders would block any airflow right?) I think having a stick on vent, even for cosmetic purposes, which has no visible hole in it is one of the more ridiculous visual mods you can do to a car. I saw a dodge charger yesterday with three stick-on buick lucerne style vents on the front fenders, they weren't even lined up straight with each other :shock:

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=71563.msg1260759#msg1260759 date=1173588444]
I smell something cooking..

Rice.
[/quote]

Come on, it's not like it's a huge rear spoiler on a FWD 1.6L engine anyways. Now don't be mean to ricers. :lol: There's nothing wrong with cosmetic mods, plus I'm sure if he drill couple hole in the inside fender it'll work. You really think the stock mazda 3 spoiler is really going to give you any downforce? I'd barely, if any, but who cares as long as it looks good and not exaggerating.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
They can look good, I was actually considering the SLR fenders (two vents at an angle) but I changed my mind. Have someone photochop it for you first.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
i like em, but my question is how well will they line up wit the bumper, door, hood lights, etc.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
[quote author=sh1bby69 link=topic=71563.msg1262325#msg1262325 date=1173678430]
I've thought about them but I just don't think it'll flow with the car...If you like them go for it bro.
[/quote]

+1

those vents are too squared off for my liking....they just dont look right.....IMO of course....

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
after looking at z3 pictures and these it looks kinda weird to have them in a square and the slants dunt match you r right

1 - 20 of 28 Posts