Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know MAC is running the 1.9/36 etc. right now but is Mazda also offering some sort of factory to dealer thing? I've got a local dealership that has "Employee Pricing" tags on all of their 3's. It's not really employee pricing it's actually $300 above invoice but the sales guy said that it was because of a Mazda sponsored contest. Any verification on that? I actually talked them down lower than the "tagged" price which makes me think they are getting some sort of incentive.

Any information would be helpful. I hope to buy within the month.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
782 Posts
What is your location? There could be regional factory to dealer incentives, but it can also be dealer fluff to make customers feel like they're getting a special deal. Do be aware that dealers receive a "holdback", which for Mazda is 2% of the MSRP for each car, so that a dealer can sell a car at invoice price or even below invoice and still make a profit, without any other incentives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I am in Kansas City and yes, I know about the holdback. I have been offered as low as $500 below invoice so far by sending out a few emails. I just want to know if I have leverage I may not know about.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
782 Posts
$500 below invoice is an excellent deal, so unless anyone else chimes in with info on any special incentives, I'd take it, so long as it's the exact car you want!

·
Registered
131 Posts
When i got mine a week-and-a-half ago, i noticed some printouts on my dealers desk about factory to dealer incentives. I couldn't make out everything, but there's definitely something going on. If you can, wait until the end of the month, which lucky for you, is in the middle of the week. This is a perfect time to buy a car. I was trying to wait, but i noticed my car was in low supplyand didn't want to risk loosing the car i wanted, or waiting for an order.

I paid 500 below invoice, and maybe i could have gotten a little lower, but not much especially in the Bay Area CA. For me, it was worth it to possibly pay a little more in order to get the car i wanted that day. But if you can wait another week, i would say start your e-mail attack next Monday again and see if they budge at all. But 500 under invoice is still a good deal, not to mention the MAC financing! Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.

Right now nobody in town has the exact configuration I want and the closest place that does is either Minneapolis or Houston. I'm trying to leverage them to get someone to ship one here in the next week. If not, I might be settling for my second option at hopefully an even better price.

Has anyone here had a dealer ship a car in from out of market? I know I'm going to get some resistance to doing this so I wanted to know how common it was. Trading cars around the metro area is one thing but trucking it in seems to be a lot different story.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer in NY has that offer. Actually, today I went there and ordered an 07 s Touring Hatch for 19,970 (MSRP is 20,760). They did not have the car on the lot but he said there are a few silver ones at the port and he confirmed that he'll get one before the end of the month. You can get a 1.9%/36 months, 2.9%/48 and 3.9%/60 months. I went for the last one which is better than what I'm paying for my 04 s Touring Hatch (4.5%/60 mths). I am trading in my 04 MZ3 for the 07.
I went for an oil change yesterday at another dealer and I was told that I need new rear breaks, the engine shield below the car is busted (I drove over a branch that fell in front of car) and the 30,000 maintenance. I've been maintaining my car very well, so if I want to keep it I was going to get these things done. So I put that $1,100 as down payment on the 07 plus the equity that I had on the 04. My monthly payment remains the same but I get a newer car with lower interest rate. I guess it's a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts