Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's build date was the 23rd of February. Does anyone know when this is due in Australia? Is anyone else expecting a car off the same shipment?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Josh. I also have a build date of 23 Feb 2004. The dealer said the ship should arrive from Japan towards middle of next week. Unfortunately up here in North Queensland I will have to wait another week and a half for it to clear customs, be transported to Cairns and be prepared for hand over. Thank goodness for the forum. Gives us something to do until we get our hands on the 3 :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZOOMER said:
Josh. I also have a build date of 23 Feb 2004. The dealer said the ship should arrive from Japan towards middle of next week. Unfortunately up here in North Queensland I will have to wait another week and a half for it to clear customs, be transported to Cairns and be prepared for hand over. Thank goodness for the forum. Gives us something to do until we get our hands on the 3 :D
Ok, so I should be looking at about 2-3 weeks before the dealer hands the car over to me (I live in Newcastle). My dealer told me the latest would be the end of March, but didn't tell me an accurate time.

I'm getting a Mazda 3 Maxx Sport Sedan - Winning Blue with a stalk mounted :( cruise control. I had a look at another mazda 3 with the stalk mount and it was quite good so Im sure it should be fine. Can't wait for my baby to arrive 8)

·
Registered
266 Posts
2-3 weeks sounds about right to me. I'm also getting the Maxx Sport Sedan as you will see if you look at the bottom line of my posts. You should go into your profile and you will see a place where you can place the details of your ride so everyone knows. I'm like you. Can't wait to take that first drive home from the dealer!!:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine arrived last week and they're hoping to have it ready to go at the dealer by Friday, if not Monday or Tuesday. Apparently there is 600 other vehicles on the shipment and it still hasn't cleared from Friday arrival.

The delay is basically all at customs. I hate govt bureacrats!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good. I've just updated my signature :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
hmmm...I'm beginning to smell a conspiracy. I went to the dealership way back when last month and agreed terms on a Mazda 3 which I'm beginning to suspect is as fake as the lunar landings that were filmed at fox studio's in 1985 and made to look grainy like tv would've been in the 40's when they allegedly made those NORSCA landings on our moon.

this situation takes me back to my days in Nam where we sat there on the sides of the Huey's with our fingers nervously twitching the breeches of the 35mm howitzers we had cocked and ready to shoot down any enemy migs with our hair bleached with agent orange we were young and fear noyone whilst looking down at endless lines of Napalm forest searching for the enemy armies of the rising sun whilst listening to an eclectic mix of Jefferson airplane, Bon Jovi and Starsky and Hutch.

I'm sure this website is part of the Mazda/communist conspiracy, as was the women who drove past me in a cleverly disquised silver Civic today dressed up to look like a Mazda 3 sedan. I saw through that disguise and as it was only half a kilometre from my home I realised immediately that agents had radioed ahead for the film crew to wheel out the "mirage".

It looks like I'm going to have to go Rambo on their arse to find out the truth as I'm sure its out there! The dealership I suspect has no intention of parting with my ordered SP23, it either simply doesn't exist, has been sold to the dark side or they've been offered more for it by another car company who wants to shut down the competition.

I like the rest of 850,000 returned Australian servicemen from Nam continue to fight the communist incursion any way we can, if they don't hand over the Mazda 3 by high noon this Friday I'll dress in my darkest black pyjama's and free one of their RX8 POW's that are in lockup, starved of their rights to scream along tarmac.

Its beginning to make me feel a tad paranoid :evil:

·
Registered
519 Posts
fiordland - i sympathise. :D this was quite nearly how i felt when i peppered my dealer with calls during the two week waiting period between my order and the delivery date. as it was it still came 2 working days (4 real days) late!! good luck! 8)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if mine arrives in 2-3 weeks it means I will have waited over 6 weeks for my new car :cry:

·
Registered
142 Posts
The waiting part is the hardest as it seems to drag on endlessly forever.Everytimes the phone rings,and you hope,the person on other end,is that ever so polite sales who will tell you when if the car will be ready for you to pick up.But until that phone rings,you will have plenty more sleepless night to go by.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its like having a loved one stuck in quarantine. I know "she's" out there somewhere, by herself on a lonely windswept wharf waiting to be released...

Meanwhile my SP20 sits there in the garage getting all sulky as it counts down its few remaining days before its dumped for a younger model.

Just like real life :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
I pick up my Mazdaratti tomorrow/thursday 3/3/04, given the ship arrived into Sydney last Friday I think thats a quality turnaround.

I'll post a couple of pics off the Sony DSC-V1 tomorrow arvo.

"Nodick green" coming to a screen near you :wink:

·
Registered
177 Posts
You lucky #$%#$ Fiordland.

Zoomer, Id think yours will be coming through Brisbane, like mine. Im in NSW but coser to Bris than Sydney, my dealer told me the car was coming through Bris but thats all he could tell me other than 3 weeks.

Lancair

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks Lancair. We can keep each other up to date as news on the shipment begins to flow through. I will give my dealer a call over the weekend and see what he knows. Cheers. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
No pics for me tonite, I didn't realise it wasn't a simple cut n paste so have had to create a basic website for the url's. Will have some tomorrow night.

The MP3 player hadn't been correctly installed so off to Mazda in the morning then work so no Nordic Green until late Friday night.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, Im still waiting (tapping on watch). Should be any week now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just spoke to my dealer and he said the boat left Japan on the 2nd on March. Looks like it will still be a while coming :(

M

·
0 Posts
I feel your pain guys...

Waiting for this beautiful vehicle coming in can play tricks on your mind..

It makes you want.... need....

·
Registered
519 Posts
*chuckle* its nice how everyone is pestering their "dealer" so often...

the need scenario you place is quite appropriate - although i'm sure a mazda ad with that sort of connotation would not make it past the OFLC.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts