Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, me and one of my friends were up at bear creek last night having a nice dank session at one of the parks in the middle of the night and it occurred to me that the bay area is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

mine is bear creek road. great driving and so beautiful. plus you can go there without seeing another car for hours which makes it even better.

so now, lets here your favorite places to drive in the bay area

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I really like driving around in the Muir Woods area just north of the Golden Gate bridge. Lots of fun twisties and rarely other cars there if you go late. Where's Bear Creek Road at? Don't think I've been there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the easiest way to get there is to go to the central lafayette exit on 24 and go straight until you see the happy valley road and take a right on it. then just go straight until you see bear creek and if you take a right you have a very nice little drive for ya. ive been trying to get a whole bunch of people to come driving there with me (mazda or not) and nobody wants to go cus of gas.

anybody feel like having a drive in the next couple weeks?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not exactly in the Bay Area but I'm going to school in Davis and I've driven up around Lake Berryessa a few times and it is really fun. Some portions of the route have been recently re paved so that is nice.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another great place in the bay area is grizzly peak. superb driving with an amazing view of the ENTIRE bay area. Its especially beautiful at night.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where are you located now?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
When I used to live up there, I would always check out Skyline and of course highway 84 from Skyline down to the coast in Pescadero. I miss it.

I live down in Santa Barbara now, and next time I head up that way I am going to take Highway 1 the whole way. Haven't done that in years since i had my 71 Datusun 510 that cranked out 285hp. What a blast.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=138936.msg3000374#msg3000374 date=1237324228]
New life goal: drive a Skyline on Skyline :)
[/quote]

I love that goal. lol. would u ever want to organize a group cruise through bear creek or grizzly peak?

·
Registered
219 Posts
funny yall mention that. my co worker told me i shoud go to grizzly peak today. just got my speed 3 a couple days ago and have been taking co workers for rides. one of the guys mentioned how fun grizzly peak would be. guess im heading that way tomorrow!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=138936.msg3001232#msg3001232 date=1237352219]
Yeah, we totally should. Probably once the weather is more consistently good, maybe on a Sunday afternoon?
[/quote]

hell yea. maybe a saturday because i work on sunday's usually. um what about saturday april 4th?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aight. good idea. ill be on spring break until the 6th so i know almost 100% ill be able to go. just depends on how much "work" im going to have to do for my senior project...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts