Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my old car finally went to that big car lot in the sky so it was time to take action and acquire some new wheels.

Called up a salesman I'd been talking to for awhile, asked if he'd give me the FordPartner Mazda S-Plan Price (since some dealers refused to do it) and he said Yes, so I went up to get the deal done.

He didn't have a Lava Orange on the lot, but is going to pick one up for me today from another dealer and it'll be ready when I get off work today. He was pretty pumped to go get the Orange as no one on their lot had seen the color yet.

I didn't get Xenon or Navigation, but got everything else, ABS/SAC/SAB, Moonroof & 6 CD plus leather interior. I haven't signed the paperwork just yet, but I put down the deposit to get it (which goes towards my down payment). The car will be $18,800 and some change, plus tax and title... I'll have the official numbers tonight.

Like I said, I pick it up today after work so I should have a few pics online in the next day or two.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked it up last night and signed the papers after work. It was like 8pm when I was signing the papers, and all the sales people were milling around getting ready to leave, but everyone I talked to asked me if I was the one getting the Orange, even the lady who wrote up the paperwork went outside to check out the color. No one at the dealership had seen the color yet, they had to go pick it up from the showroom of a dealership down south a ways, and everyone there talked about how much they liked the color... of course they could have been kissin my rear since I was buyin a car from them, but I think they were legit.

Funny thing is, I drove this car on a test drive a month or so back. It was the first Orange with leather in my area, so I drove down to check it out, and it still had the wrap on all the seats, and only 2 miles on it when I was the first person to drive it (other than transport/testing). They wouldn't give me a good deal though, so I didn't go back to them. My salesman confirmed it when he mentioned that the car came from a showroom, he wouldn't tell me exactly where he got it out of courtesy I guess, but I know that they moved the car I drove into their showroom about a week after I drove it.

So its kinda cool, I was the first person to dive my car basically. i'm sure a few others squeezed in test drives before it went into the showroom, but it barely had any miles (like 30 miles) considering they drove it up to my dealership like 20 miles away for me to pick up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
congrats!

i saw the lava orange on a sedan, but on the other coast... i went to go check out the color, as my dealer had to get my 5dr from a dealership 300 miles away and i needed to be definite on the color. fantastic in the sun, isn't it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only one pic so far... the weather hasn't cooperated so much yet, but once we get a sunny weekend around Seattle I'm gonna try to go to some nice senic backdrops and get some good shots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts