Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys and gals think? Would you buy this as a family car? Do you think judging from the dimensions that it'd be a decent family lugger...taking short trips or even long ones etc etc...haha...just wondering what everyones thoughts about this..:)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, it would prolly be a bit tight for a long family trip. This is a compact, afterall. I'd recommend the 6 if you really need space.

That being said... as far as compacts go, it should be pretty good sized.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the input!! keep'em comin guys!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
This car would be great on gas for long trips. But I couldn't imagine having a full load of luggage and two kids in the back asking you are we there yet every 5 mins and kicking the back of your seat. This car to me is a good car for a person that lives in a city. Easy to park in tight places and easy to move threw traffic, and not a gas guzzler.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Maybe if you have one kid. Two might push it. I don't know if compacts are really marketed towards families. That's where Altima, Accord, Camry, 6, Taurus/Sable come in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ADVAN said:
I think MZ3 is for"yuppie".....^^"

>>>? im not familiar with that lingo sorry haa..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yuppie = young urban professional

It is traditionally a negative term, often reffering to someone whose goals in life are material accumulation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go for it

I have two kids in car seats and our family car is a Ford Focus. Now we have been blessed with efficient packaging (I'm 5'6"/140) so we don't take up too much room. We're not willing to give up handling, fuel economy, manual gearbox etc that one can get in a C-class car and fourtunately we all fit in one. We do at least one 4 hour roadtrip a month to visit family. A lightweight utility trailer and you can get as much stuff from Home depot in one trip as you'd ever want to load/unload yourself. I'm thinking about a mz3 for our second car when my 2 12 year old Civics finally die.....might be awhile.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It depends. if you have smaller kinds like ages up to 10, then they would probably have no problem in the back. But if they're bigger and older, then no way. Get 6 if they're older.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts