Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys and gals think? Would you buy this as a family car? Do you think judging from the dimensions that it'd be a decent family lugger...taking short trips or even long ones etc etc...haha...just wondering what everyones thoughts about this..:)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, it would prolly be a bit tight for a long family trip. This is a compact, afterall. I'd recommend the 6 if you really need space.

That being said... as far as compacts go, it should be pretty good sized.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
This car would be great on gas for long trips. But I couldn't imagine having a full load of luggage and two kids in the back asking you are we there yet every 5 mins and kicking the back of your seat. This car to me is a good car for a person that lives in a city. Easy to park in tight places and easy to move threw traffic, and not a gas guzzler.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Maybe if you have one kid. Two might push it. I don't know if compacts are really marketed towards families. That's where Altima, Accord, Camry, 6, Taurus/Sable come in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go for it

I have two kids in car seats and our family car is a Ford Focus. Now we have been blessed with efficient packaging (I'm 5'6"/140) so we don't take up too much room. We're not willing to give up handling, fuel economy, manual gearbox etc that one can get in a C-class car and fourtunately we all fit in one. We do at least one 4 hour roadtrip a month to visit family. A lightweight utility trailer and you can get as much stuff from Home depot in one trip as you'd ever want to load/unload yourself. I'm thinking about a mz3 for our second car when my 2 12 year old Civics finally die.....might be awhile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts