Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else out there not feeling the love for their 3 anymore.
When I first got it I really liked. Now its just a blah experience.
The sheet metal is very very thin and cheap. The interior trim is just as bad.
I baby my car as well. Only have 18,000 miles on it. The body is starting to creak and flex. The front suspension is starting to feel a little clunky as well. The paint they use is thin and soft as well.
The car is just not put together very well.
As much as I hate to say it, my wifes Hyundai is a far better built vehicle when it comes to fit and finish.
But I will say this, the motor and trans are a delight. Hyundai has nothing on that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't know about that...

I would say that its the best interior in its class, and the sheet metal and paint are just as good as anything else. Sorry you don't like it anymore...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you haven't done so already, do some mods to change the performance/appearance...you'll fall in love all over again :love:

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
If the feelings just aren't there anymore it may be time to move on instead of sinking more years into a relationship that isnt going anywhere...ask yourself if you can see yourself with this vehicle for the next 5-10 yrs...if the answer is no, time to fine a new piece of JDM action :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't see me in the vehicle for the next 5-10 years. And that materials are not the same as all other vehicles. The metal on these cars is extremely thin and not durable at all.
The carpeting sucks and the body flex is unacceptable. No amount of "mods" is going to make it better. It'll just make it more ricer. I hate that look.

Perhaps Audi, or BMW for the next one. Actually VW has some tremendous vehicles coming off the line.

·
Registered
872 Posts
[quote author=bustednutz link=topic=135644.msg2920468#msg2920468 date=1234058669]
Well I don't see me in the vehicle for the next 5-10 years. And that materials are not the same as all other vehicles. The metal on these cars is extremely thin and not durable at all.
The carpeting sucks and the body flex is unacceptable. No amount of "mods" is going to make it better. It'll just make it more ricer. I hate that look.

Perhaps Audi, or BMW for the next one. Actually VW has some tremendous vehicles coming off the line.
[/quote]

Wow... You're dead set on hating this thing, aren't you? I mean, the metal on any car is going to dent if it gets hit, be it a Mazda or a BMW. And the materials aren't the same as other cars. They're better. Look at the cars in the same price range: corolla, sentra, civic, its better than all of those. It isn't as good as an Audi, of course, but it costs about half as much. And "mods" like swaybars WILL reduce body flex, and most of them can't be seen at all, so it won't make anything more "ricer." Sounds to me like you just got bored of it, and thats a fine reason, but theres no reason go insult it on your way out. Best of luck, I guess.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=bustednutz link=topic=135644.msg2920468#msg2920468 date=1234058669]

[/quote]
i've had my car for almost 3 years, and it still looks new, inside and out. even the inside smells like a new car, and everyone who hasn't been in it before thinks it's brand new.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
the only time I fall out of love with my 3 is when I look at my shifter and wish it was a manual to a speed3, then I realize that isnt going to happen and when I walk out of my car i look at it and think, this is still the best looking car for its class ever im lucky to have it. So I fall in love all over.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
pretty much comes down to 'you get what you pay for', imo it is the best value in its class

If an Audi or BMW was an option at time of purchase...don't know why you bought a 3 to begin with :thinking:

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Buy something else.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I'm always amused when people comment on the poor carpeting and paint quality, then reference a higher brand of car. This is an economy based car starting at 13k. Personally, I would sacrifice carpet and paint quality for a reliable drive train and a car with features and benefits greater then it's competition. Which the 3 has and does.

It really sounds like you're wanting a car with more prestige so perhaps you may enjoy an Audi or BMW better. From what I understand, their service departments are top notch so you should be well taken care of on your frequent visits.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I understand that you all love your 3's. Not trying to take anything away from it. Mine is spotless and looks showroom new. I guess after all the rants and raves about this car in the automotive press, I expected more.
I don't want to have to "brace" up the car to get rid of flex and creaks. Thats not what I bought it for. I wanted a car out of the box that was everything it was touted as.
I don't hate the car, I'm just not as impressed with it as I was when it was new. And seeing how its not even that old, and has low mileage I'm disappointed at whats beginning to deteriorate on it.
Not trying to bash it. Its a quality car in regards to the drivetrain. And yes, the speed3 is a fantastic car as well.
Perhaps I'll wait till the 2010 3 hits showrooms and look at that one too.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
the 2010 3 has the same chassis...... ;)

you have just gotten tooo comfortable with your 3 over time and that is why you have fallen out of love for it. when i had my first car, i had LOVED it at the beginning. but over the course of 2 years, sooooo many problems and horrible handling made me sell the bucket of bolts(cobalt lt) for my 3.

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=135644.msg2920554#msg2920554 date=1234061342]

[/quote]
i've had my car for almost 3 years, and it still looks new, inside and out. even the inside smells like a new car, and everyone who hasn't been in it before thinks it's brand new.
[/quote]
Same thing here! Well I've only had my car for 2 months and it's an 06. Every time someone gets in it, they always ask me if the car is new. It still has the new car smell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Mazda3 is a pretty cheap car. The carpet is low quality. A few other things are not very high as to quality either. But like you say, it has a great drivetrain and it is tuned to be a blast to drive, nothing is more fun at this price level (and it's the best looking of them all, although that's just preference). But you might consider that you have a lemon, because if it was built late on a Friday, it might be a poor copy. As far as sheet metal and paint, I really bet it's the same as most other cars. Not much you can do about that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well I don't see me in the vehicle for the next 5-10 years.  And that materials are not the same as all other vehicles.  The metal on these cars is extremely thin and not durable at all.
The carpeting sucks and the body flex is unacceptable.  No amount of "mods" is going to make it better.  It'll just make it more ricer.  I hate that look.

Perhaps Audi, or BMW for the next one.  Actually VW has some tremendous vehicles coming off the line.
[/quote]

I don't know if what you're saying is true (that the 3 has "thinner metal" than other cars). But I do know thinner = lighter, which = better performance and better gas mileage. So I certainly wouldn't be complaining, myself. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts