1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,911 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats up Bud,

I have the falken ze 329 tires, which from what I hear is the replacement for the 512. I have been driving on them for about 3K now and I only have good things to say about them. Of course much better than the Badyears, but that isn't a good comparison anyway.

I picked them up at NTB and you really can't find them many other places. From what I read on the internet because the 512 did so well in the consumer reviews that the USA market is eating them up. However, if you go to the Falken Japan website all they are plugging are the new 329 line. After some nifty translations (gotta love Babel Fish, it's the only way I passed Spanish in college) you find that these new guys are better tires in every regard. I would recommend the 329 line if you are leaning towards Falken.

·
Registered
145 Posts
they make ALOT of road noise on my mazda (i got 225/40/18 on RX8 wheels). i have another set (same size) on my scion and a buddy has them on his jetta (same size too), and the road noise is significantly less. strange. when i put on the stock 16s back on the mazda, the road noise was absent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The set I have of the ze329 makes little to no noise. According to what I've read, this is the biggest concern regarding the 512. The 329 line also comes with a "search eyes" on the tire. Judging by how worn the hole looks (square it's time to rotate, hole disappears time to rotate again) a driver can easily tell when it's time to rotate the tires.

Check out this convo. on the new 329
http://www.1010tires.com/newforum/default.aspx?f=109&m=167

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey i have the ZE512's on my 3 and they work great. Really stick to the ground go through corners and handle awesome in wet weather. ive only gotten them in the past month so im not quite sure on the wearing down speed. but i have gone through 3 other sets of tires prior to these and have 40k on the car so im plan on making these last. (not screwing around and buring out at any given chance) As far as road noise goes, they are somewhat louder than stock at lower speeds but it seems to be perfectly fine once you get going. Great traction, great price, Consumer reports ranked #3, and ill go on record saying they r the best i have had yet. (toyo proxes: sucked, yokohoma 420s: stickier but still wore just as fast)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good all season performance tire! I dont think youll find any bad reviews on the net regarding these tires. However, go with the fk-452's if your looking for summer performance. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I got new tires on Monday of this week and the difference is amazing. I went down to Discount Tire and was able to get Falken Ziex512 tires for $71 each in 215/50-R17.

The past two weeks Holland has been hit with the same major cold front as most of the midwest however our snowfall has been very high. It has snowed every day, some days up to 10" or so for the past week. Roads are clear on major highways now but most side streets are still covered in either extremely packed snow like ice or large amounts of loose snow on top of the packed snow.

With the Goodyear RS-A tires that had almost 30K miles on them but weren't to the wear bars I was having a very hard time with traction from a stopped position and a major under steer problem going around corners even at low speed. Braking was also not great but it wasn't terrible with the anti-lock kicking in frequently and some sliding.

The Falken tires have made a tremendous difference in traction both from a stopped position as well as cornering without under steer and general rolling down the street. I would say the Goodyear tires were a 4 out of ten for this weather and the Falken tires are in all honesty a 10 out of 10. I am not one to exaggerate or blow things out or proportion however these tires have made the car drive just as well as other front wheel drive cars I have owned like older Chevy Cavaliers and Pontiac Sunbirds. I say this with 14 years of winter driving experience in all conditions.

Just wanted to pass this along for anyone looking for an all season tire that does well. In my years of driving in the worst of winter conditions I have never had a need for dedicated snow tires on a vehicle and I have driven some bad ones in winter (86 Daytona Twin Turbo Z 5-speed with RS-A tires! BAD) but this car handles on par with the best of them now without sacrificing performance.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I am thinking about getting these tires so thanks for the review, that sounds like wierd weather for holland, I was there last year in march and it was abnormally cold. I froze my ass off because I didn't bring enough cloths

1 - 20 of 32 Posts