Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy tires and has narrowed it down to the Falken FK 452 and Kumho ECSTA SPT. One is Japanese and the other is Korean. Can anyone give me opinions on these tires as to which one is more superior?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know much about the Falken, but you cant go wrong if you choose the SPTs...

Check the prices and reviews at tire rack, Im sure either way you will be very happy.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get the impression that both tires are very similar. I know the Falkens are pretty good as I am presently using the ST115s on my van and the FK 452s are suppose to be better. As for the Kumhos, I really don't know much about them. I hope to get more feedbacks from present and past owners. I actually spoke to a local tire shop and was told that the Falkens are better than the Kumhos.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
i really liked the SPT's when i had them. i miss them. there are plenty of members that have them and love them. another big fan of the is d-bone, he has had the on his last 2 sets of wheels

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the opinions. I have decided to purchase the Falkens cuz' my wheels will be ready soon(custom made wheels) and Tirerack do not have the SPTs in stock.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I never use kumho, so I couldnt really tell about it, but I have 4 set of rims and all equipped with falken tires.... falken ziex 502, 2- azenis st 115 , and FK 452 ...and I really like them alot specially the 452, it's really quiet and comfy.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=mht_v10 link=topic=71390.msg1260390#msg1260390 date=1173574471]
I never use kumho, so I couldnt really tell about it, but I have 4 set of rims and all equipped with falken tires.... falken ziex 502, 2- azenis st 115 , and FK 452 ...and I really like them alot specially the 452, it's really quiet and comfy.

hope that helps.

[/quote]Thanks! I am currently using 20" Falken ST115 on my Odyssey and the overall experience has been pretty good. Based on reviews, the FK452s are better than the ST115, so I am not worried about the any disappointments. On the other hand, I want to try another brand of tires and the Kumho ECSTA SPT are very similar to the Falkens in many ways. I had used many other brands of tires but not the Kumhos. After reading the replies from this post, I decided to place an order for the Kumhos at Tirerack. To my disappointment, the tires are on backorder. As a result, I am going with the Falkens.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=mht_v10 link=topic=71390.msg1262124#msg1262124 date=1173669544]
good choice :)

my falken 452 are 245/35/20 (F) and 275/30/20(R) on HRE rims .
[/quote] :goodjob: On a E46M3?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts