Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quoted today for a 2010 i Touring Manual at $17,670. It has a MSRP of $18,170. Is this a good first offer from dealer or do I have wiggle room? What would you guys realistically aim for? Thnx.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Are you a member of a credit union or even Sam's Club or Costco or BJ's? You can use their Auto Advisor to get a lower price..

Are they including the dealer or destination charge?

Edmunds shows the invoice is just at $17K with the charge.

·
Registered
879 Posts
on the surface it seems ok, but I'd call around to other dealers and tell them you got a quote of $17000 and if they can beat it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=vtrin link=topic=139882.msg3016715#msg3016715 date=1238005185]
on the surface it seems ok, but I'd call around to other dealers and tell them you got a quote of $17000 and if they can beat it.
[/quote]
I'm assuming that doesn't include tax, so that could add 1000-1500 to the price, depending on where you live. It might not be possible, but definitely try to get a bit lower. There's no harm in pushing a bit; they won't refuse to take your money.

My rule of thumb is to always have 3 dealerships fighting over my sale. I've found that one of my local-ish dealers will drop straight to their bottom, then I have the other two fight it out from there.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't think its a bad price, especially if they have 09 i touring's on the lot. Remember, its a new car, so they'll be wanting to get more for it. With that said, some of the dealerships are lowering their prices to around 5-700 above invoice already...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't quote me but I think "s-plan" pricing is currently about $350 over invoice on the 2010 models. Just a reference for you...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are right. I got 4 dealers to compete back and forth and so far the best deal for the 2010 iTouring Manual is $16,800 with destination charge. I have to now haggle all those dopey fees but I think I am finally getting somewhere. Of course, once I sent out emails to the other dealers about the best offer so far they want to talk again. We will see....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best offer was $18,600 OTD. Gonna go test drive it and pick color (Graphite, Grey or Black) and hopefully take her home. I will post pix if I do take her home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts