Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram of the pinouts for the available input jacks on the back of the factory stereo head units?

I'm looking for

Specific input and type of connector.

What the pin-outs are, as in Input Left, Input Right, Input Ground and any other known pins on the connectors.

I want to make my own interface with not only an iPod specific connection (I've got my own dock connectors here) but also a 'priority switch' in the same box so my GPS nav audio can duck the iPod when it kicks out instructions. All that I can figure out no problem, but I need the connector pinouts for the available connections on the head unit.

I don't really need remote control of the iPod as it will live in my console anyway and I'll be feeding it a line-level out so the steering wheel volume should control the head unit just fine there.

I've got a '06 3 with 6 CD Changer non-Bose/mp3 capable.

Does anyone know if there is such thing as a schematic for the head units available through the parts/svc dept documents?

·
Registered
419 Posts
The auxport does not work without a micro proccessor sending it commands. you cannot just input audio. the radio when booting up scans the bus looking for devices, each device that is plugged into the radio like Internal CD, Tape, External CD, Sat, Nav etc report's itself to the radio with a code. the radio then knows what devices are there and activate the buttons on the radio, Sat, Media, CD-EX etc.

Your best bet, at this time anyway is to buy the PIE Mazda to alpine adapter and the alpine M-Buss to RCA cable. then put your ducking device inline with that.

FMS/Sanyo wont even talk to anyone let alone let out schematics. I even got in touch with there authorized service centere and they wont even talk to me beyond "we cant help you".

I have a half dozen or so M3 radios here and i have reverse engineered most of whats happening inside them which is actually quite a bit. These radios actually have a Microprocessor just to run the faceplate another to run the radio, then a DSP chip to control the Tuner and audio functions. Plus the radio talks to the cars MCU through the CAN Buss and a whole lot more is going on all at once.

Zc

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for the info.

You have to just ask yourself too....what, other than just for obfuscation, is the point of all that nonsense? It's nothing about providing audio quality.

Manufacturers piss me off with the lengths they go to these days.

I may just dump the factory head unit since it's so much simpler to just buy one that will just have the basic inputs and mp3 CD playback capability.

·
Registered
419 Posts
There is quite a bit of stuff happening through the Auxport. It can accept input from a SAT, NAV, external CD changer, DVD, and a few other devices. all are options.ost in other countries.

Through this port is not just audio, but control and text information as well. The radio needs to know what type of device is connected to know how to route commands and audio.

Audio passes through this port untouched for the most part. the port is mainly all about the control functions.

Stay tuned, I will be releasing news about our new line of accesory audio products for these radios soon!

Zc

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Zero Cool
Can you please help me ?
Which can-bus module code has the auxilary connector ?
CD deck = 0011

Sorry, for my bad english.

·
Registered
781 Posts
ZC -- there was someone on here who said he was able to modify the stock Mz6 radio to buypass the poweramp, to get pre-amp signal on the speaker outputs. As you have examined the Mz3 HU do you see any prospect of doing this on ours?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can easily modify stock headunits for pre-amp line outputs. I havent done it yet so i dont know what sort of problems might occur. I would expect that there might be some noise issues. But after looking at one of the B*SE crap units, maybe not.

We had a small set back in releasing our first product due to one of my Engineers not being available. we are back on track again and are just about ready to start beta testing. we have working samples and are just putting some finishing code touches on the first units and working towards finishing the 2nd units which will be released at the same time, or just after the first. we are keeping the releases of these units very close to one another and may delay the release of the first unit until we are 100% sure the 2nd unit can follow quickly. we done want the same sort of situation as with another product on the market.

Zc

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=Zero Cool link=topic=66320.msg1325668#msg1325668 date=1176247410]
I can easily modify stock headunits for pre-amp line outputs. I havent done it yet so i dont know what sort of problems might occur. I would expect that there might be some noise issues. But after looking at one of the B*SE crap units, maybe not.

We had a small set back in releasing our first product due to one of my Engineers not being available. we are back on track again and are just about ready to start beta testing. we have working samples and are just putting some finishing code touches on the first units and working towards finishing the 2nd units which will be released at the same time, or just after the first. we are keeping the releases of these units very close to one another and may delay the release of the first unit until we are 100% sure the 2nd unit can follow quickly. we done want the same sort of situation as with another product on the market.

Zc
[/quote]

Exactly what IS your product? I've heard it mentioned in passing a few times but never saw a description of its capabilities.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We have about 6 products in the works right now. the first two products will be a simple way to input audio. like the PIE + Alpine + RCA to 1/8" adapter method with the addition of a Ground Loop Breaker but all in one box, Second is similar with a twist.

I dont want to give too much away at the moment until we have finished beta testing, we are sure of what we got, and we are ready to start production.

Zc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts