Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tires are done son, I've been driving my car hard ever since I've got it. Now... the dealer insists on putting new tires on my car because I have no traction. Were just passing snow time and during most of the season I had to leave my car in the driveway and use my girlfriends because I slide everywhere.
So the question here is... Should I go and pay the $600 cost I was told of new tires (factory tires only the front 2) and the labor for putting them on and alignment and all that good stuff. ORRRR As I've noticed... Some other tires. I personally wouldn't mind if I was riding 2 sets of tires... I mean wouldn't it be cheaper and more effective for traction to get tires somewhere else and NOT from the dealership? And another question is does having 2 new tires against the other 2 not new but deffinitely not even 1/4 worth of thread taken of the tire affect the durability of the tires. Like... mismatching. I always read on remotes how they want you to use all same kind battery or else... But hey some advice would be great. I just think $600 is a bit too much no? First car here so I don't know what the hell I'm doing most of the time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Don't get them at the dealership, that's a total rip off! Do a little research, I suggest www.tirerack.com. You can read reviews from people who have driven on them and get a better feel for what you might want. Plus honestly...you could get a set of 4 w/balance and install for less than $600.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would never buy tires from a dealership.

And I absolutely would never ever ever pay $600 for the crap OEM tires on our cars.

And when you do get your tires, learn to rotate them :)

Having 2 different sets on your car isn't bad. Just make sure each axle has the same brand of tire.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so I checked out on of the tire sites posted here. I came up with these tires...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+ASX&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=05WR7EASX&fromCompare1=yes&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=H
What you guys think?
Here are the other tires that came up as best sellers...
It's about to get hot again so... don't really care for snow handling or stuff like that, I just want some good tires that can chirp and won't make me start burning out when I punch it at a red light turning green.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=ebhcr link=topic=72283.msg1274095#msg1274095 date=1174198020]
Search for those here, I've seen a lot of people that have them, but I do not personally.
[/quote]

From the searches of it, sounds like I made a good pick haha.
Now I'm pumped to get them! I wanna burn rubber and spank some little civics again. With no traction I can't even launch... I just start sliding around... It's that bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts