Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the factory alarm that comes on the GT? How good is it? I don't remember this when I test drove it. The key-fob was just Unlock/Lock with a panic button. Does the Unlock/Lock do the alarm too?

Also, I don't recall seing a remote trunk release on the key-fob either. Is there no way to trunk release from across the parking lot?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
D said:
Anyone know anything about the factory alarm that comes on the GT? How good is it? I don't remember this when I test drove it. The key-fob was just Unlock/Lock with a panic button. Does the Unlock/Lock do the alarm too?

Also, I don't recall seing a remote trunk release on the key-fob either. Is there no way to trunk release from across the parking lot?
No, there is no trunk release button on the keyless fob, just a release inside the car near the driver's seat.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wonder if the dealer can change it to where the trunk release is on the key fob.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah locking the car should activate the alarm. At least, it does in the MZ6.

I'm surprised there's no wireless trunk access.

·
Registered
984 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah locking the car should activate the alarm. At least, it does in the MZ6.

I'm surprised there's no wireless trunk access.
Isn't there a shock sensor upgrade for the 3?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out about the alarm. Its just a break in alarm... if the door is forced open (without using the key), it will go off. There is no shock sensor or anything (sucks!!). But the immobilizer will help a bit for preventing car theft.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so how do ppl get around to stealing the cars when it has an immobilizer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If a theif is good enough and wants it bad enough they can steal ANYTHING!

All we can do is make it a PIA for them and to try and ward off the punks looking to go joyriding in the latest cool ride they see.

Be smart, remove HU's, expensive electronics, cell phones . . . from yoru car before you leave. Make sure your alarm light is clearly visible and you've done everything you can.

Even if they can't start your car nothing is stoping them from towing it away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts