Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even know what to call it. Maybe even a "Factory lip kit". Anyway, first gen Mazda 3. 2004-2005 to the least. I've noticed some of the 2.3L sedans with attachments to the rear bumper, front bumper, and with side skirts. What's the deal with those? Was it a factory option? Anyway I can get my hands on them? I plan to hit up some pick and pull yards and see what I can find, but if there's a way to get some NIB or similar, i'm down.

I can't seem to find a picture of it ANYWHERE, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

·
Super Moderator
1,207 Posts
I didn't buy my first Mazda3 until 2009 so I wasn't really paying attention to the cars back in the 2004-2005 era, but I don't remember ever seeing any factory aero bits for those cars. Could it be you're thinking of the 2007-2009 MazdaSpeed3; they look like this:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't buy my first Mazda3 until 2009 so I wasn't really paying attention to the cars back in the 2004-2005 era, but I don't remember ever seeing any factory aero bits for those cars. Could it be you're thinking of the 2007-2009 MazdaSpeed3; they look like this:
Not at all, this was on the sedan. I know the speed3 very well (a good friend has one). I'm talking the first gen 2.3l sedan. I'm going to hunt and see if I can find it. I've seen it on some cars but didn't want to whip out my phone to take a picture of them haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What makes you believe those are factory parts?
What makes me believe they are factory parts? That's why I made this thread, to find out wtf they are (and went ahead and posted a pic of what I was talking about). Also, go here, look at picture of the 2.3L sedan (2004-2005). You'll see it on almost every single image of the rear end.

Click the link I posted....And look at the Diagram you can buy the Rear Bumper Flares from there...And they come Color-Matched already!

https://www.oemautopartz.com/mazda/auto-parts/2005/mazda/3/i-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-rear-scat
Perfection! Thanks, Ultimica! *mega thumbs up*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts