Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sweet. I didn't know they were even touching the MPV again since they freshened it in '02. Thank god they changed the steering wheel.

·
Registered
984 Posts
And they're offering a manual transmission? Cool!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
That sucks. That would be cool to have a Mini van with a MT V6. That would make Soccer moms happy.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ATL, dude! Let's be honest here. Most of the drivers you see on the road CAN'T DRIVE and DON'T WANT TO LEARN how to drive a MT car. A minivan is usually driven by females and I doubt too may can be bothered w/shifting. And not too many males either. My dad stopped driving MTs a few years ago when he entered his 40s and he said he had enough of driving a 5spd for 20+years. I on the other hand, want an MT badly.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
A minivan is usually driven by females and I doubt too may can be bothered w/shifting
You know, cause they're too busy on cell phones and doing makeup and changing the radio and eating dinner. I don't know one girl that can just get in the car and drive. They have to drive while doing 100 other things. My girlfriend drives a manual too, and it's kind of scary when she's eating her lunch and changing CDs the car start going to the side of the road.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I own a MY00 MPV.

Looks like just a few minor things have changed. nothing huge.
But yeah, I still like driving small cars. There's so many blind spots with the MPV.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The Mazda MPV is quite a thing to lug around (then again, I got the old 170 hp version). it's quite big. adding a stick shift... well, that just makes things harder.

.... and funner!!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I love the new '04 MPV. If I had to buy/drive a minivan, it would definitely be an MPV. My neighbor got one when they were first released ('89 I think it was) and she drove the hell out of it. Her daughter did drive it thru the back of the garage b/c the brakes went out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, my local dealer had a white 04 MPV parked right next to a 3 hatch also in white. The similarities are really startling, it is like the same front end on both cars.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
My girlfriend drives a manual too, and it's kind of scary when she's eating her lunch and changing CDs the car start going to the side of the road.
hehehe... watch the car automatically drift corners while she makes dinner in the car ;)

*Screeeeeee*
"AIYAH!!!!!!!"
"...what's the big deal? Am I THAT bad a cook?"
*Car drifts through the dirt siding*...

Actually, I've been developing habits while driving like changing CDs and such. But I try to keep it to red lights and such. Your gf must be pretty talented to do all of the above with a manual tranny :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
The refresh MPV has a sport grill like the 6. Lower ground effects are standard. The steering wheel is three spoke with the audio and cruise on the wheel. Other than that the interior is fairly the same as last year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts