Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read alot on the forum here, about ppl saying how good f2 is and tripoint kits are. But what i want to know is for the money what is a better kit. easy of installation, durability also a factor and of course power.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
tri point was one of the first kits to come specifically for our cars if im not mistaken... cali_axela is running it for a long time with no problems.. and pretty awesome power.. on stock internals...
F2... well dont know.. ive seen the quality of their header.. so IDK.. its not good.... but i cant say anything about the turbo kit, since i didnt c it... im pretty sure ppl will have different opinions...

i would say go with tripoint

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138068.msg2976491#msg2976491 date=1236214829]
tri point was one of the first kits to come specifically for our cars if im not mistaken... cali_axela is running it for a long time with no problems.. and pretty awesome power.. on stock internals...
F2... well dont know.. ive seen the quality of their header.. so IDK.. its not good.... but i cant say anything about the turbo kit, since i didnt c it... im pretty sure ppl will have different opinions...

[/quote]

you could not be any more mistaken.. what about SCI...? HAAS...? HiBoost...? theres 3 that were WAY before tripoint.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=138068.msg2976689#msg2976689 date=1236221863]
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138068.msg2976491#msg2976491 date=1236214829]

[/quote]
thats why i said i said i could be mistaken... but i would still consider tripoint one of the best ones

you could not be any more mistaken.. what about SCI...? HAAS...? HiBoost...? theres 3 that were WAY before tripoint.
[/quote]

·
Registered
6,530 Posts

[/quote]

Yes the old F2 header was SCI design so we all know about SCI... F2 is not selling that anymore and is redesigning their own version at the moment. He is remaking the exhaust, header, and anything else that was related to SCI...

It is really just down to personal preference... With the F2 you get the bang for the buck deal and with the Tripoint you just have that long term relationship with Mazda. Both are great quality kits. The F2 is much cheaper in cost wise.

Down to performance... F2 has not dynoed the Stage2 kit so we can't tell but the numbers should be at 250whp and 250lbs-ft. The Stage1 kit which has no intercooler and was at 7psi made 208whp and 227lbs-ft. While the Tripoint only makes 242whp and 200lbs-ft. Don't know why the torque is so low but when I ask that is what they chose to tune it as. Both kits are 8.5psi.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
thats true.. its down to personal preference..... and power wise.. u have a risk of throwing a rod anyways :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about the installation. i like doing stuff myself but there has to be good instructions to follow.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i know tripoint has a nice instruction u can view online as we speak... i dont know about F2... last time i heard they are still working on it...
Reactive kit will give u a video :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote author=ryukensfj link=topic=138068.msg2977828#msg2977828 date=1236279387]

[/quote]

Yes the old F2 header was SCI design so we all know about SCI... F2 is not selling that anymore and is redesigning their own version at the moment. He is remaking the exhaust, header, and anything else that was related to SCI...

It is really just down to personal preference... With the F2 you get the bang for the buck deal and with the Tripoint you just have that long term relationship with Mazda. Both are great quality kits. The F2 is much cheaper in cost wise.

Down to performance... F2 has not dynoed the Stage2 kit so we can't tell but the numbers should be at 250whp and 250lbs-ft. The Stage1 kit which has no intercooler and was at 7psi made 208whp and 227lbs-ft. While the Tripoint only makes 242whp and 200lbs-ft. Don't know why the torque is so low but when I ask that is what they chose to tune it as. Both kits are 8.5psi.
[/quote]

This is the 2nd post that i've heard you mention the SCI header that F2 was selling. Where did that information come from? I never saw an SCI header other than them reselling the Draxxas back in the day.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
[quote author=nine3six link=topic=138068.msg2984963#msg2984963 date=1236666347]
[quote author=ryukensfj link=topic=138068.msg2977828#msg2977828 date=1236279387]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the 2nd post that i've heard you mention the SCI header that F2 was selling. Where did that information come from? I never saw an SCI header other than them reselling the Draxxas back in the day.
[/quote]

Back in the day F2 tried to help SCI out. They worked together. SCI designed many of the crappy products... This partnership has not helped F2 a bit and is causing more problems in the future. Ricardo and people who know the back story have personally told me and this is why Ricardo is redesigning everything related to SCI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts