Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
When i had it a few years back. I had mine behind the mirror on the right side. I had it so that the mirror blocked my view of it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I put mine slightly under and to the right of the rear view mirror. I picked up one of those cheap suction-cup brackets, though, so nothings on the windshield unless I'm actually using it.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
[quote author=sunsilver615 link=topic=69094.msg1197583#msg1197583 date=1171049481]
Mine is there too but I don't like seeing it from the outside...
[/quote]

I agree it didn't look very good on the outside. Mine was white so it stood out even more on my Sunfire.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Center armrest cubbyhole. I hold it up to the windshield when needed. Works every time and I dont have that ugly white box attracting attention of thieves....

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
^ me too.

They're white here & I kept it on the dash in my old car.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Mine is above my mirror to the right so I cant see it (most importantly haha)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got mine off to the right side about 6" down from the top also, hidden by the rearview mirror. When I see it from the outside I don't like it, but then I get over it when I get in the car, I can't see it, and I don't have to stop at tollbooths.

I know they expressly say to not hold it up at the toll plazas but I don't think they really care. Used to do that with the K-Tags in Kansas. The only real drawback to this I can imagine is having to steer, shift, AND hold up that RFID box all at one. Makes for exciting times!

·
Registered
892 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it's illegal to hold it up, or leave it on the dash, at least in NY...

I doubt you'd ever get ticketed for it anyway

·
Registered
204 Posts
i hold mine up to the windshield when i go thru the pass lane, otherwise i keep it locked in the center armrest top bin.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I got a special holder for mine that pops it up to the windshield when needed, then retracts into storage after the toll booth.

I figure that as long as he's sitting there bitching and moaning, he might as well be useful. :D

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
I never put my fast trak transponder on my windshield when I had it replaced. I just hold it up while going thru the toll booth. Since I moved, I rarely use it anymore, I keep it tucked away - hidden of course. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
[quote author=Sealy link=topic=69094.msg1209032#msg1209032 date=1171542081]
I got a special holder for mine that pops it up to the windshield when needed, then retracts into storage after the toll booth.

I figure that as long as he's sitting there bitching and moaning, he might as well be useful. :D
[/quote]

Heh.

I was like, "What the hell kind of... oh." And then I had a chuckle.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
I leave mine in the armrest center console dealy do. Since I only use it when I cross the bay bridge to the MD eastern shore to visit my in-laws it only gets used every month or two. I just hold it up near the windshield when I go through.
-Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts