Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I need a quicky... should be too hard... Im looking for a TiGrey sedan with a BLACK hood... Thanks alot guys... :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Do you just want a black hood on the car, or are you trying to simulate carbon fiber?

Anyhoo... here is your request. Just a quick chop for ya.... hope it gives you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome... one more quick favor if you can... ya know that bend line under the windows? Can you make everything from that bend up black? im thinkin i might get a custom paint job, just wanna see what it looks like

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=MZ3Boy84 link=topic=66947.msg1149733#msg1149733 date=1168825145]
Awesome... one more quick favor if you can... ya know that bend line under the windows? Can you make everything from that bend up black? im thinkin i might get a custom paint job, just wanna see what it looks like
[/quote]

you mean where A-pillar becomes fender/hood?
It won't look as good as it could if you follow that line i dont think. It would look tons better to 2 tone along the sharp body line that runs under the windows. Granted, that means you will be painting ALL your panels. lol.

·
Registered
611 Posts
mmm. heres what i think you wanted from the first.... and i gotta say, it looks better than i imagined. Sorry that the hood and top are slightly different colors. I changed brush method 1/2way through because it wasnt painting over the glare on the A pillar and history didn't go back far enough.

and heres the second, more standard 2 toning style. hawt.

side note, that looks more like its sunlight silver...

·
Registered
549 Posts
My very first attempt at anything like this (as you can probably tell) But it might give you a bit of an idea

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=Zorminster link=topic=66947.msg1149767#msg1149767 date=1168826558]
mmm. heres what i think you wanted from the first.... and i gotta say, it looks better than i imagined. Sorry that the hood and top are slightly different colors. I changed brush method 1/2way through because it wasnt painting over the glare on the A pillar and history didn't go back far enough.

and heres the second, more standard 2 toning style. hawt.

side note, that looks more like its sunlight silver...
[/quote]

Yeah that second style is what i was looking for... looks nice... think im gonna go with that once i can save a few hundred smack-a-roo's. Thanks so much guys. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check it out... i took it and dropped the black a few inches... what do yall think?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
lookin' good :goodjob:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it one step further... but its something that would never happen with tigrey 3.... better off getting a black one lol

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
really really old photochop i did on my car....i can't decide how i want the end done tho.

the middle color is supposed to be a darker silver....yeeeah didn't come out too good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting... I can see what ya mean by the middle, id say either follow the lines of the grill or down to a point...

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=MZ3Boy84 link=topic=66947.msg1150077#msg1150077 date=1168841465]
Interesting... I can see what ya mean by the middle, id say either follow the lines of the grill or down to a point...
[/quote]

it looks like a big racing stripe from that angle...but i like it.

who knows..custom paint jobs are expensive, unless you go to shitty maaco

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=MZ3Boy84 link=topic=66947.msg1150034#msg1150034 date=1168839328]
Check it out... i took it and dropped the black a few inches... what do yall think?

[/quote]

looks good, the only thing is- you won't be following an already existing body line there. As a result, running the straight paint line under a straight body line will detract from the effect of the actual body line. If you did it mainly just to grab the corner of the headlights, you could always start at that point and arc it up as you approach the driver side mirror and then follow the body line. I really dont like the 'step further' scheme. Leave the nose alone!

However... if your just wanting a bit more black... (forgive the different shades of black, didn't have time to rechop the whole image)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Came up with this one... not too bad for MS Paint. :) BTW If I have a black hood, what do you think it would cost to have those two sides painted ti grey?

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=MZ3Boy84 link=topic=66947.msg1156699#msg1156699 date=1169162973]
Came up with this one... not too bad for MS Paint. :) BTW If I have a black hood, what do you think it would cost to have those two sides painted ti grey?

[/quote]

not bad at all... what caused those random pixels on your wheel chop though? and why did you use the front wheel for both front and rear? Your rear wheel has the caliper in the wrong position ;p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts