Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody heard of mazda's "no use no lose" extended warranty? Was informed at the dealership that this is a somewhat new policy. 72 months, 72000 miles, about $1900 for the one the guy was explaining. If at the end of the 6 years coverage you never used the warranty once, you get refunded everything that you paid for.

Unfortunately i have a weak mind so i forgot what exactly is covered. I need to contact them again for more information since they didn't get a copy of the simple warranty sheet for me. Bad me.

Thinking of cancelling it since I didn't plan on getting extended warranty in the first place and I can't help but feel I got suckered into it. I don't put a whole lot of miles with my commute these days anyway (daily commute is only 10 or so miles round trip), so I hope that means the engine or anything else won't suddenly sprout any problems. Off the top of anybody's head, how has your 3 held up so far over the years that you've had it?

oh ya...i just picked up my 3 touring atx today :x haven't posted anything about it yet lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought an 09 and was offered a 10 year bumper to bumper extended warranty for $1995.00. It's not a no use, no lose type of deal, but I can cancel it anytime and get the pro-rated amount back. I wish I could be more help, but I'm kind of in the same situation you are...not sure if I should keep the warranty or not. It jacked up my payments to the top of what I wanted to pay. *shrug* Let me know if you hear anything useful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure if there is anyone on this forum who does this, but on the previous couple of Ford and Toyota truck forums I belonged to there was a member that worked at a dealership and sold factory extended warranties at serious discounts because of the volume sales benefits. I'm sure he made money but just not a ton of money like dealers normally do on ext. warranties.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are a lot of aftermarket policies that can be had much cheaper. Most can still be gotten with up to 3 years/36000 miles already on the vehicle.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
^ just do your research if you choose a 3rd party provider...there are lots of shady companies

·
Registered
879 Posts
I plan to get one later this yr or next via my credit union. Last I checked it was a 7y/100K/$0ded for $1300 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts