Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the lounge because it's not really car specific and I wanted to get as much feedback as possible.

That said, how many of you have had experience with shops using your car to develop aftermarket parts?

I have been offered an opportunity to receive a discounted price on an exhaust kit if I allow a particular shop to use my car for R&D of said kit.

Obviously the car has to be pushed in order to develop new parts, but how much pushing is required during the development process, in general?

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
i don't have any experience with this, but i would get something in writing that states they will fix your car if anything goes wrong if/when they "push" it too hard.

is discounted exhaust worth that headache?

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
If you are looking for an exhaust..why not? I'd think they will probably do a series of dyno runs. I'd allow 3 runs on the dyno but no more..it's hella abusive on the car. They may want to do a series of 20 or so. When they are pushing the exhaust they'll want to advertise gains UP TO 20 HP!. They'll do as many dyno runs as they need to in order to get some HP gains for advertising purposes. My .02. I could be totally wrong too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts