Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, how long is an exhaust on our cars supposed to last - Regular or Speed. It has been a while since I have had to replace the exhaust on a car but I am curiuos.

P.S. Oh crap, I prolly should have posted this in the engine mods section? Moderators...where do you think this belongs and can you move it for me if it belongs elsewhere?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
The stock exhaust is designed to last the lifetime of the car. There should not ever be a reason to replace it, unless you live in a climate where it severely corrodes over time (think 10+ years) and develops leaks.

The only reason so many people on here replace their exhaust is for improved sound/looks/performance, not based on necessity.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i meant corrosion wise...and catalytic converter wise. I have had cars where their catalytic converters had clogged...or where I had arrived somewhere and the muffler was no longer on the car. So I was just wondering. The car was about at 125,000 when it happened...but it was from the 80s.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lots of vehicle manufacturers have actually gone to stainless exhausts for improved durability/corrosion resistance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts