Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope a Quality exhaust comes out soon, that doesnt sound ricey, I would love for it to sound like the stock 350z since that car isnt loud but not super quiet either

·
Registered
70 Posts
odie said:
personally love the sound a 350z/G35 makes.....

sweetness
You should hear my Z with the Fujitsubo Legalis-R :D

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
SolarMZ3 said:
trust me, they are coming sooner than you think.
I sure hope you are right, I wanna mod and I can't. This is making me spend all my money on my truck.

--Herb--

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
SolarMZ3 said:
I am hoping for mine some time next week. :)
Can you tell us from who? Or is it a secret right now? Keep us posted.

---Herb---

·
Registered
219 Posts
In my opinion the engine determines your exhaust note. A free flow exhaust more than anything makes it louder. It may change the tone a bit, but not too much. If it was possible to put the same exact exhaust on a Corvette and a Mazda, I really doubt the Mazda is going to sound "throaty" like a 400hp Vette. I'll admit some companies make some real garbage that sounds like crap. But I'm yet to hear a throaty 4 banger. If anyone knows of one PLEASE let me know. I had a Thermal "Stealth" on my VTEC Civic and it was obnoxious. After 2 months I took it off. It sounded nice at idle, but with some acceleration I couldn't even hear the radio.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Throaty 4 banger = WRX with a cat back, or even better yet a turbo back exhaust. If you havent heard one I suggest you do. It is quite nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HIGH PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM

HELLO EVERYONE, JUST GOT MY MAZDA3 ON MONDAY NIGHT. I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR, I HAVE BEEN AN RX-7 OWNER 1ST GEN, AND MY 2ND GEN RACE CAR. THIS CAR HANDLES ASOME, LOOKS SHARP, AND HAS SOME GOOD POTENTIAL. WELL, I JUST HAPPEN TO WORK AT VRS EXHAUST, WE JUST FINISHED MAKING THE PROTOTYPE FOR THE MAZDA 3. IT SOUNDS GREAT, I USED A 31" LONG MAGNAFLOW RESOANTOR, IN HOUSE CUSTOM MANDREL BENT TUBING WITH A 6" ROUND MAGNAFLOW TOWARDS THE BACK WITH A 4"INCH DOUBLE WALLED TIP. ILL POST SOME PICS SOON. I USED 2.5" DIAM. TUBING, THIS CAR IS A 2.3L, SO IT CAN USE FLOW. IT SOUNDS GREAT, SINCE I ONLY HAVE 250 MILES ON THE CAR I HAVE NOT SEEN WHAT THE EXHAUST WILL DO, BUT ONCE THOSE MILES ARE UP, ILL TAKE IT TO THE DYNO, TOO SEE WHAT NUMBERS I CAN GET. GLAD TO JOIN THE CLUB.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We need PICS!

Could you substitute that double walled tip for a single wall?

·
Registered
11 Posts
FINALLY !! FIRST CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR MAZDA 3

HI EVERYONE, I SAID I GET THE PICS, AND I DID. THIS IS MY CAR, A 04 MAZDA 3. SILVER. WE USED 2.5 INCH, T304 STAINLESS STEEL TUBING, A SS MAGNAFLOW 31 INCH RESONATOR, 6 INCH ROUND MAGNAFLOW SS MUFFLER, WITH A 4 INCH, DOUBLE WALLED TIP. IM WORKING ON GETTING THE SOUND CLIPS. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. :)

CHECK THE PICS OUT AT THIS LINK.
http://www.vrsexhaust.com/NEW_ITEMS/new_items.html

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice. Cant wait to hear it. The big question is.....wil it fit a Sedan as well?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Looks like its already for sale? Hmm.. 2.5" is pretty damn big for a 2.3L 4 cyl. Any dynos yet?

I had 2.5" SS on my 2.8L VR6.... so Im a little skeptical. Looks good though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts