Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something else I did this week
I used dupli color metalcast on my tips
i did 10 light coats then 10 heavey coats, this gave me a kandy like color changing effect,
depending on the light they look deep dark purple to a magenta, this is just one of those type of things thats not really noticable unless your looking at the car really close, I just did tips because I havn't decided what to do with the exhaust yet, I know I want it to remain quiet though, i will probably do a CAI or somthing down the road.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
You and I have very different taste in modifying cars but I can def. respect your creativeness..You do a lot of stuff no one else does or have though of on here.. :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=139952.msg3016458#msg3016458 date=1237999436]
You and I have very different taste in modifying cars but I can def. respect your creativeness..You do a lot of stuff no one else does or have though of on here.. :p
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
That's not too bad. I like it. Good job on being unique. The finish on the tips looks great. Let us know how they hold up with the heat from the exhaust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the comments.
[quote author=FusionLife link=topic=139952.msg3017175#msg3017175 date=1238017148]
Maybe it's just the pictures, but I can't even see the paint from the rear view :dunno:
[/quote]

Its barely noticable from the rear, its actually barely noticable at all, unless your a decent distance away from the car, and lookin at it from the side.

[quote author=20louie06 link=topic=139952.msg3016937#msg3016937 date=1238010602]
That's not too bad. I like it. Good job on being unique. The finish on the tips looks great. Let us know how they hold up with the heat from the exhaust.
[/quote]
the paint I used is 500 degree paint, I will be doing my calipers in it in the next couple days

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=139952.msg3016458#msg3016458 date=1237999436]
[/quote]
thanks, I had a can of the metalcast (for calipers), and had the tips, and deciced I couldn't put them on without something different done to them. That is what I've always strived to do is modify my car in a very different way, but keep it clean at the same times. over the next few months a lot will be going on with it.

heres a pic of the 1st car I did, working at burger king, I was 16 years old and worked 50 hours aweek while going to highschool, I got home at 3:30 in the morning almost every night, and got up at 7:30 to go to school. did this all by my self. even down to the hydro's, at the time, I hadn't ever seen any "real" lowriders (lowrider magazine style) at all in real life, so I made one. it was completely stock when I got it, and took me about 9 months to complete, I worked on it for hours and hours every day, stripping the rust off the frame was not easy either! haha

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wow, man. I respect your creativity a lot. I never would have thought about painting the tips like that. I must had missed a previous thread, but that "PURPLE SYRUP" on the back is pretty cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts