Mazda3 Forums banner

Do you think this is sexy on a Winning Blue Hatch?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering it, but I know what everyone thinks about putting a dual tip on a single exhaust.... But it's really freaking slick... I just want to know if everyone would laugh at the Las Vegas rally... :) And of course, I wouldn't clamp it - I'd have it welded on there.

Link to Image: http://www.getcreative.net/mazda3/momo_dualtip.jpg

·
Registered
581 Posts
This would be a very tasteful modification.
By far, a much better modification than those fart can exhaust seen too frequently on riced cars.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I agree completely with Titanium Dragon.

The only thing I don't like is the little "connecting bar" between the two outlets. I guess it is there for rigidity, but it does take away a little bit from the look.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I kinda like that part. I thought that it was funny at first, but then I realized that it had MOMO embedded in it. I think in person that would look okay.

As far as the space goes - there's quite a gap where the current one sits, so I think it might be possible. I'd have to find the official specs on this one. The description says it will fit any exhaust pipe from 2 1/4" to 2 5/8". Looking at the pic, I think that if the gap is 4.5" to 5" it should work.

Of course, I still have no money to my name.. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think the dual cap would look cool, but the MOMO tags all over it are a bit bling. Am I correct that it would have absolutely no effect other than cosmetic? Meaning, it wouldn't make it louder right?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might make it deeper, it anything. But to my knowledge it is pure cosmetic.

I wasn't thinking it to be bling - I was more afraid of the thought that it might look skimpy - esp. if I don't through a new muffler to release some of the air flow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Whaddya mean look too skimpy? Like if people realize you just replaced the tips and not the whole muffler? I may not be a car expert, but I think it'd be pretty hard to tell without someone poking their head underneath the car :) Or I guess they could just ask you...

To me it'd be one of those things I'd add so that I can feel like I personalized my car a little, something that most people wouldn't look for or even really notice, but ya know... would notice.

How much would a small mod like that cost assuming you had to have someone else weld it, for parts and labor?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Purchase the tip for about $100-$125 just about anywhere that sells it. Labor would be extra, but I don't see it being a whole lot more. I remember when I replaced the muffler and tip on my CRX, the whole thing cost me about $190. That was 7 years ago though....

FR3D - that's why I would weld it - I wouldn't trust it to stay otherwise...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I could just see it now...You pull up to an electronic store and go in. Some Punk sees your tailpipe finisher and says "I'm gonna steal that". We know its welded on but he doesn't. He walks over and grabs hold and tries to pull it off. Moron Forgets that a tailpipe gets hot and burns the hell out of his hands. He runs away weeping in pain only to realize later he just modded his hands with a MOMO branding. HAHAHHAAAAA!

Sorry my imagination ran away with me. :oops:

O yeah, Me likes! Put it on and take pics. :lol:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D

That's great.. At least I'd know who did it.. ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
SP33D said:
I could just see it now...You pull up to an electronic store and go in. Some Punk sees your tailpipe finisher and says "I'm gonna steal that". We know its welded on but he doesn't. He walks over and grabs hold and tries to pull it off. Moron Forgets that a tailpipe gets hot and burns the hell out of his hands. He runs away weeping in pain only to realize later he just modded his hands with a MOMO branding. HAHAHHAAAAA!

Sorry my imagination ran away with me. :oops:

O yeah, Me likes! Put it on and take pics. :lol:
ROFL!! :p :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts