Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got my 2010 mazda3s hatchback with a 6 speed manual. I'm not really planing to mod it much or not exactly trying to gain power at this point(although if a bit of power gain is a side effect I wont mind haha). What I would like to do at this point is just make it sound nice. I just got it so I would like to enjoy it and get used to it in it's stock form and see what I would like to change as I drive it and learn more about it. But so far the sound is pretty muffled so I'd like to give her a "voice". Not looking for anything super loud or expensive. Just something that adds a bit of noise and makes it sound good. Not looking to gain power or anything just the sound basically. My budget is pretty tight hence sound is my only priority at this point. If there's any cat back exhaust systems you guys want to recommend that wont make my wallet cry I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks for all the help in advance. Oh and I'm not worried about labor costs since I'll be installing it myself since I can use my shops lift for a bit after work.

TL DR: looking for reasonably priced exhaust suggestions to make my car sound nice. HP gains aren't a concern but are welcome.

Registered
What's your budget? It seems like it'll be your biggest factor in deciding, so it would help if you tell us.

Registered
The cheapest thing you can do is to remove the muffler and install a performance one. A cheap cat back is going to cost more and probably be be very loud.

Registered
Also if you would wait would the budget increase or is it set at x dollars? Will there be future mods or is this really itt? Have you had an exhaust before? They can get loud and aren't for everyone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Trying to stay in around 500$ range if possible. The cheaper the better but not trying to cheap out. Not sure about future mods yet. Gonna see if i wanna mod anything down the line as i Driver it. Might do something to the suspension since the struts look like they need to be replaced soon but haven't checked out any coilover prices yet. I know they're not cheap. So I might just get new OEM ones for now and focus on the exhaust. Noise don't bother me. And the budget will probably stay in the similar range even over time. Unless there's something I really like that's a bit more expensive then I don't mind waiting and saving up a few bucks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Cheapest Exhaust is buying a Magnaflow or Borla Muffler along w/ an aftermarket Resonator choose a size...Then go to a Muffler Shop have them build the piping etc...

I paid total of $300 for my custom exhaust!
That might actually work. Thanks. I was thinking magnaflow (my dad had it on his audi q7 and it sounded beautiful). was just trying to see if there are any other good options since I don't know that much about aftermarket for mazdas at this point

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
The Racing Beat rear section would be in that price range.
Hmmm. If their description is true then it actually might be something I'm looking for. I've spent a long time in a supercharged audi q7 with a magnaflow exhaust. It had that deep rumbly sound and thats basically what I'm looking for. Now I know it wont be the same 2 totally different cars. But that's basically the sound I'm looking for. A nice deep rumble that's not in your face but when you hit the throttle you hear it vibrating through the body/air. I dont know how close to that I can get with an NA 4 cylinder(the audi one was a supercharged v6 i think) but that's basically my frame of reference. Thats the type of sound I'd like to get if possible. If not then something along those lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts