Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the newbie shows his newness again...

i'm not looking for too much of a performance increase, but i wanted to add a little bit of (as my friend puts it) "vroom vroom mother f*cker!" to my car.

meaning i want to modify the exhaust to get a bit (only very little) of an aggressive tone without it being too loud or spending much money. and i really don't need to alter the airflow for performance reasons so airflow quality doesn't really need to be any better than with the stock exhaust.

what would be best balance between cost and tone?

and as usual: is what i'm looking to do bordering on the "why bother" category?

thanks folks

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
if you just want looks just go find a tip you like and have it welded on.

if you want it a bit louder, get a muffler like a magnaflow or borla and have your stock muffler cut out and weld in the new one.

pretty we tod did if u ask me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess i didn't make all that sound as cynical as i meant to.

other than getting a little louder tone out of the exhaust i have no reason modifying the exhaust.

meaning: sound bad, look bad, but not be bad.

maybe going for look/sound without performance is not the best motivation
but retarded i think is a little harsh.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
just get the mazdaspeed exhaust

it's not overly loud and looks good

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
if its gonna sound bad and look bad... it might as well be bad. if you gotta spend ur money go ahead and use it right.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
yo im in the same boat!
show>go. dont be scared to say it!

but luckily these guys talked me out of having 2 mufflers on my car and being rice... the kind i kinda make fun of when i see neons and such. boy that would suck.

but imma try to go to my local magnaflow muffler shop and see how much they gonna charge to do what the415 said. cut out stock muffler, stick in a magnaflow, and get a new tip. tips are like 12 bux at mufflermall.com exhaust tips. and look decent. but hopefully a magnaflow muffler wont be to much. or maybe ill get flowmasters..

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
dont get flowmasters. they sound awful on 4cyl's imo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
buy a borla or a magnaflow muffler and while you're at the exhaust shop, pick out a tip that they have there. end of story.

if you want a little oomph to compliment it then i suggest a cheap sri or a decent cai.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
cai + tip.

cai will give you the sound you want and the tip will give you the look you want.

welding in a new muffler will sound like ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts