Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The look of a nice tip sitting perfectly aligned with the rear bumper is really nice. This is on top of the sound and power benefit of aftermarket exhaust.

After multiple searches, i found no thread listing the different exhaust kits and their fitment issues/non-issues. For example, some say the 3" trubendz comes up short to the sedan bumper. Others say the Trubendz 2.5 fits like a glove. I'm sure there are other issues as well.

It seems as though HB and Sedan take pipes differently so please specify when posting, but I don't believe model matters?

Whaddya all have and how does it fit?

·
Registered
593 Posts
[quote author=smiler82 link=topic=71853.msg1264572#msg1264572 date=1173789748]
The look of a nice tip sitting perfectly aligned with the rear bumper is really nice. This is on top of the sound and power benefit of aftermarket exhaust.

After multiple searches, i found no thread listing the different exhaust kits and their fitment issues/non-issues. For example, some say the 3" trubendz comes up short to the sedan bumper. Others say the Trubendz 2.5 fits like a glove. I'm sure there are other issues as well.

It seems as though HB and Sedan take pipes differently so please specify when posting, but I don't believe model matters?

Whaddya all have and how does it fit?
[/quote]

I have a 3" Trubendz exhaust on my 3 sedan and it is not short. I absolutely love my exhaust and do not regret spending the $$$ on it. :D

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
depending on the model (hatch or sedan) and location (PZEV vehicle or not), there are some differences.
New PZEV models for instance, may need an additional piece welded in to clear the gas tank...

you prolly want to include your specific model with your question...

·
Registered
177 Posts
2.5, sedan, short

·
Registered
593 Posts
That is weird why the 3inch is long enough.

·
Registered
472 Posts
probably because you can weld the hangar a little bit back on the tailpipe section since the 3" exhaust doesn't come with the hangars pre-welded.

·
Registered
593 Posts
[quote author=isjoining link=topic=71853.msg1267100#msg1267100 date=1173890122]
probably because you can weld the hangar a little bit back on the tailpipe section since the 3" exhaust doesn't come with the hangars pre-welded.
[/quote]

Good point! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts