Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning to tint my tail lights, however, i don't want it to be too dark
i have a CWP car, and i'm just wondering whether i should get 60% tint, or 30% tint...
please post pictures if you have to help me decide! i couldn't find any decent pictures..
Thanks A lot!

·
Registered
294 Posts
my hatch is also CWP and i've been thinking about taillight tint for abot the last year.. just didn't have the balls to do it simply because if a cop is driving behind you, you're screwed.. esp with CWP since it's such a big contrast.. its diff with window tint cause you can roll down your windows but if a cop is behind you... theres no way around hiding it.. just my 2 cents.. hope that helped :p

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I've had both the dark smoked and regular smoked taillight tint from Rockblocker. Honestly, couldnt really tell that big of a difference considering our tails are clear, not red. If you want to see pictures of my car, you can go to my thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=116237.0

I've also been pulled over twice, once by a not very understanding officer (I got pulled over for window tint that measured at 1% over legal limit), and not one of them said a word about the taillight tint (or my tinted reflectors for that matter). Obviously rules vary by state, but if you're worried about it, you can peel the film off right in front of the officers eyes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts