Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping it'll cost the same around as a high end Focus (not the SVT) so I can probably afford it without selling everything I own. If not it's gonna run into base RSX price range (also 160hp).

Damn Focus ZTS is going in for recalls almost every month, I toyed with the idea of trading it in for an SVT but decided against it (upkeep is gonna cost me with recommended premium fuel). But a 160 (2.3L i4?) hp engine with decent gas mileage and running on unleaded regular is the way to go for me, this is assuming the i4 on the Mazda3 is the gonna be the same on the Mazda 6.

HOPING it doesn't cost too much :D

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Expect Canadian prices to be competitive w/Honda+Toyota but the 2.3L editions to cost in b/w a 2003 ES and a Golf/Jetta - $22.000 to $24.000 depending on options.

I don't know about you but I'd rather pay $23.000+fees+taxes+interest on a GREAT car w/ALL the safety goodies, the 2.3L engine, and that nice interior, plus sunroof + 5spd of course:) over a Mazda6 GS (6i in the US) .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$19,990 for a base Mazda 3 sounds about right in Canadian dollars (my dad's brand new 2000 ZTS focus sedan was around that). $19,990USD would translate into almost $27,300 Canadian dollars which is VERY expensive in my opinion, even for a 160hp car with xenon head lights. You can get a base RSX with some goodies for less than that.

A nissan SE-R spec v (175hp with 6 speed) starts at $22,000 CAD.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Don't forget that cars are much more expensive in the US than Canada - compare Mazda6 prices if you don't believe me and you'll be amazed. Of course prices in Europe are out of hand

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same deal in Taiwan, last time I checked an RX-8 was up at $80,000, almost enough for a porsche boxster here! :shock:

The miata is regarded as an exotic sports car there lol

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Been reading that prices would stay similar to the current protege models?

ex: GX trim (base base model with 2.0L) same price as DX?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Don't forget that cars are much more expensive in the US than Canada - compare Mazda6 prices if you don't believe me and you'll be amazed. Of course prices in Europe are out of hand
Don't you mean the other way around- prices in Canda are more than US? In Canda the 6GS starts at $24k, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts