spec sheet.

Audio Source EQ Model EQ 100 55$
10 band graphic equalizer
12dB Boost & Cut
2 Ch. Right & Left

·
Registered
187 Posts
[quote author=*Angel-Of-Darknes* link=topic=61048.msg1041690#msg1041690 date=1162268517]
nice sarcasm but i dont think the reciever is anywhere close to your dusty 80's speakers.
[/quote]

Wasn't being sarcastic...your unit utilizes the same technology used throughout the late 80's and early 90's...2 channel out is what is now considered the "new" vintage. Pioneer discontinued this line a number of years ago but mass produced it for future years of distribution. Hence the old pioneer logo... Personally I wish you could still buy a receiver without a built in eq w/o having to resort to a krell 5k+ unit. And for quality CD sound it is a best to have dedicated pre-amps like the one in your unit; unlike the recivers out today with 7+ channels...only good for a great DVD experience.

*bump

If someone has a basement or an office wanting premium sound but doesnt want to go out and buy a useless 890 channel receiver pick this up - they sell for a lot more for amatuer audiophiles.

Unless of course both the receiver and eq have an optical input(s)? :D Then I'll take them.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the reason i want to get rid of them to replace with unit with optical in/out and also HDMI support. and yes you are right about the 7.1 being great for DVD's and 2.1 channel great for hooking up to some Cerwin Vegas' and disturbing your whole apartment complex. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts