Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there with a hatch or sedan 3 and a pioneer deck can post their equalizer and sub settings? I have an Pioneer 7800mp and Fosgate 12's, and I am completely frustrated about getting the sound I want, so maybe one of you guys out there have some suggestions

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What about the sound are you frustrated with? EQ settings are going to vary between headunits and speakers; having someone post their settings won't really do you much good. If you let us know what about the sound you don't like, and tell us what you have the EQ set to, we can make suggestions from there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=DrWebster link=topic=67508.msg1161190#msg1161190 date=1169419029]
What about the sound are you frustrated with? EQ settings are going to vary between headunits and speakers; having someone post their settings won't really do you much good. If you let us know what about the sound you don't like, and tell us what you have the EQ set to, we can make suggestions from there.
[/quote]

Okay, so here is what is the setting that is currently set for my speakers:
20hz +1
31.5hz 0
50hz +1
80hz+3
125hz+4
200hz+2
315hz+3
500hz+2
800hz+3
1.25khz+1
2khz+1
3.15khz+1
5khz+4
8khz+5
12.5khz+4
20khz+4
Here are my sub settings:
Sub 2: Frequency 80 hz Level -18
Sub 3: -12db
Front HPF Slope: -6db
Front HPF Frequency: level 0 Frequency50hz
Rear HPF Slope: -6db
Rear HPF Frequency: Level 0 Frequency 50 hz

My main issue is that the door speakers sound like ass, really punchy (bass?) make the side panels rattle. At the same time they are the stock speakers, but was planning to get Infinity's to replace all speakers. Should this and dynamat stop the rattle? I just want everything to sound perferct together, and still have the ability to crank it up when I want to. Please give your suggestions

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yeah, looking at your EQ settings it's pretty obvious you're running the stock speakers. New Infinity speakers will give you tighter bass and crisper highs, and you'll be able to back off on the EQ settings quite a bit. (I have Infinity Reference speakers all around, and on the stock HU I only have the treble set to +1; with the stock speakers, I had it set to +6!) Dynamat (or a better product like Damplifier) applied to the inner door skins would help quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I would turn try turning down the 125hz through 800hz settings. Also try turning on the high pass crossovers to a low frequency setting like 50 hz @ 12db/oct (you need to adjsut both the frequency and the slope for these to work and front and rear are independent). This will cut off a bit of your bass but improve the clarity a significant amount. Ideally you would add a sub to fill in for the bass.

Dampening the outer door skin can help a lot with resonation. Our composite inner door skin is fairly non-resonant already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts