Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I paid 200 above invoice and out the door was 19753. Its a winning blue S (hatch) 5 speed, moonroof and ABS package. They will call me this friday so I can go pick it up. Pictures will soon follow!!!

BTW I just found out those circular designs in the front bumper are actually for the tow hook and thats included so that awesome. Also if ppl didn't already know this but the Itrim is only 144hp in CA, MA, ME, NY, and VT. While everyone else gets the 148hp.

EDIT: Heading for uniformity :twisted:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: I Just Got my Mazda3!

congrats buddy, was that tax ,tittle and everything?
epine said:
Well I paid 200 above invoice and out the door was 19753. Its a winning blue S (hatch) 5 speed, moonroof and ABS package. They will call me this friday so I can go pick it up. Pictures will soon follow!!!

BTW I just found out those circular designs in the front bumper are actually for the tow hook and thats included so that awesome. Also if ppl didn't already know this but the Itrim is only 144hp in CA, MA, ME, NY, and VT. While everyone else gets the 148hp.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sounds like its everything. I had the Xenon pkg and mine came out to like $20050 or something like that.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts

epine said:

How much haggling did you have to do? When I buy mine in March, I will first offer $250-300 over invoice, and hopefully they will accept it :) Congrats!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

hotptato said:
congrats buddy, was that tax ,tittle and everything?
Yup :D

lmp180psu said:
How much haggling did you have to do? When I buy mine in March, I will first offer $250-300 over invoice, and hopefully they will accept it Congrats!
Alot! Out here in Los Angeles, they want as much as possible! But I took some tips from hotptatoe and carbuyingtips.com and I made a little folder with all the prices. In the end one rep called me back and gave me 200 above invoice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even though the manuel says to use regular unleaded gas. Is it alright to use premium? I've heard its not good but I just can't resist.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
epine said:
even though the manuel says to use regular unleaded gas. Is it alright to use premium? I've heard its not good but I just can't resist.
After break in. The engine may stumble while starting with high octane.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to everyone about the delay of pictures. I dont have a digital camera and althought i have taken alot of pictures on my cell phone. however i can't send email only text msg w/ my phone so if anyone can give me there phone number through priv msg i can send them the pics and they can send it back to my email and i can post them up.

Well I just love this car, each day I wake up and look out the window and it surprises me how beautiful this eyecandy is. I really like the "multi funtional entertainment," whatever its called. Like the orange/red lights that turn on when you turn the volume left and right (if you have the car then you know what i mean) :)

So many ppl are jocking me on the road its not even funnie PPL on 35k+ cars like beamers, mercedes and what not. Now my friend who has a 03 SI started jocking my car. He actually wants to trade his in now. Hey i can't blame him i would too! But anyways hopefully this week when i move back to my apartment i can burrow some1's digital camera.

happy holidays too all!

btw I didn't get a valet parking key. I only got two black ones. is there a third one??? :?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe more ppl can shed some light on this

·
Registered
103 Posts
they may be keeping it to use for repo if need be. or they just screwd up and forgot to give it to ya.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got two keys too. The delivery lady also gave me a tiny plate with my key code on it, in case I need to order more. She suggested that I get a key without the chip in it, so I can keep it in my wallet and open the car door if I ever forget my keys in there.

MZ6s come with a valet key, but not MZ3s, according to her.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me too - two keys and remotes that is :wink: . I asked the sales person if there was a valet key and the answer was no.

However, I didn't get the small plate with the key code. That could be a very handy thing to have if the keys ever get lost (although I suspect the plate is much easier to lose or misplace).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
navybob the small plate hooks in the keychain along with the spare keys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What are the colors of the 2 keys? The Valet Key (if they give one for the 3) should be a different color, as is the case of my friend's MZ6.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Both keys are black, with a remote.

The small plate should NOT be stored with your 2nd set of keys; lose that second set and you're toast! You need that plate to have them code the chip properly to start up the car.

I keep the plate in my car stuff folder. Warranty papers, lease, insurance, etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts