Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eonon New Release Android 7.1 & 2GB RAM GA8151 Car GPS designed for Mazda 3 2004-2009

Hey guys, waiting for Android 7.1 Version with 2GB RAM Auto Radio for the cars Mazda 3 2004-2009? New features split screen mode and HDMI output transmit bring you more possibilities and entertainment. Also it supports customizing and rearranging the Quick Settings to access what you want quickly. Enjoy the ride, with new Android 7.1!

Nothing fits more perfectly than Eonon vehicle specific car stereo! Check the upgraded version GA8151 here:
  • Perfect fit for your Mazda 3 2004-2009
  • Android 7.1 OS, 2GB RAM & strong quad-core processor ensures a high speed of response
  • Split screen mode allows running two apps side by side
  • HDMI output transmit provides you a world-class viewing experience. (Only for headrest or monitor with HDMI input.)
  • 1024x600 HD screen delivers more crystal clear picture quality
  • Support Subwoofer output volume control & Bluetooth Music Info Display
  • Compatible with your Analog Bose System to offer you a perfect integration & better sound quality

Travel is not the only thing you buy that makes you richer, there are also Eonon car stereos! Don't miss out! Click and grab it:
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/Mazda-3-2004-2009-7-Inch-2GB-RAM-Auto-Radio-with-Steering-Wheel-Control-Integration-Car-GPS.html

Don’t hesitate to PM us if you have any questions on our products, thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
@EononCarDVD - Is this head unit better than the GA7151A?

The GA8151 looks like is has updated android software, however it is only running quad-core with 16gb of rom, whereas your GA7151A runs Octa-Core with 32gb of rom.

From the descriptions, your GA-7151A is better inside? Is that correct? When can we expect the GA8151 to be upgraded to at least match the previous version (GA7151A)?

Also, does the GA8151 show Album Artwork when streaming music via bluetooth?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Surely you will offer a 7.1 upgrade firmware to those poor people that purchased GA7151A which you only released 3 months ago????
Have you addressed the external microphone pickup of hum and interference issue on this new model?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@EononCarDVD - Is this head unit better than the GA7151A?

The GA8151 looks like is has updated android software, however it is only running quad-core with 16gb of rom, whereas your GA7151A runs Octa-Core with 32gb of rom.

From the descriptions, your GA-7151A is better inside? Is that correct? When can we expect the GA8151 to be upgraded to at least match the previous version (GA7151A)?

Also, does the GA8151 show Album Artwork when streaming music via bluetooth?
Hi studentslacker, we couldn’t tell Eonon GA8151 is better or GA7151A is better as they are different versions.
Yes, you’re almost right. :arrow: GA8151 is the upgraded version of GA7151A which is with Android 7.1 system, 2GB RAM, Quad-Core & 16GB ROM while GA7151A is with Android 6.0 system, and 2GB RAM, Octa-Core & 32GB ROM. Please check the difference between them in details here: http://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?prods=1793,1823&bigCategory=3
We will release the GA8151 with Octa-Core and 32GB ROM but currently we don’t know the exact time. Hope you understand, thanks.
Yes GA8151 supports Bluetooth Music Info Display. Hope it helps, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Eonon you missed my question about 7.1 update for those poor customers that purchased GA7151A????
Also is Easy Connect working with iOS11 on GA8151 or do they have to wait a month like GA7151A customers
And what about the terrible phone call quality, callers cant hear you....is that fixed???
Make sure you research before you buy this unit same problems go from model to model with no fix from Eonon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi studentslacker, we couldn’t tell Eonon GA8151 is better or GA7151A is better as they are different versions.
Yes, you’re almost right. :arrow: GA8151 is the upgraded version of GA7151A which is with Android 7.1 system, 2GB RAM, Quad-Core & 16GB ROM while GA7151A is with Android 6.0 system, and 2GB RAM, Octa-Core & 32GB ROM. Please check the difference between them in details here: http://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?prods=1793,1823&bigCategory=3
We will release the GA8151 with Octa-Core and 32GB ROM but currently we don’t know the exact time. Hope you understand, thanks.
Yes GA8151 supports Bluetooth Music Info Display. Hope it helps, thanks.
Thanks @EononCarDVD - you mentioned that GA8151 supports Bluetooth Music Info Display, but does that mean it will also show Album Cover Art on the screen too?

Please let me know when the GA8151 will upgrade to the hardware found in the GA7151A, as I would like to purchase that.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks @EononCarDVD - you mentioned that GA8151 supports Bluetooth Music Info Display, but does that mean it will also show Album Cover Art on the screen too?

Please let me know when the GA8151 will upgrade to the hardware found in the GA7151A, as I would like to purchase that.
Hi studentslacker, yes our GA8151 supports with showing the Album Cover Art of Bluetooth music on the screen. Check here: https://www.eonon.com/UserFiles/image/new_ga8151/2-bose.png Hope it helps, thanks!
Did you ask about the new release of Eonon Android 7.1 head units with 2GB & Octa-Core for the cars Mazda 3 2004-2009? If yes, then we could tell sorry we cannot comment on product strategies but please keep a close eye on our official sites & facebook & new thread here for updates! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surely you will offer a 7.1 upgrade firmware to those poor people that purchased GA7151A which you only released 3 months ago????
Have you addressed the external microphone pickup of hum and interference issue on this new model?
Hey Eonon you missed my question about 7.1 update for those poor customers that purchased GA7151A????
Also is Easy Connect working with iOS11 on GA8151 or do they have to wait a month like GA7151A customers
And what about the terrible phone call quality, callers cant hear you....is that fixed???
Make sure you research before you buy this unit same problems go from model to model with no fix from Eonon
Hi argus, thanks for your messages. We apologize for the late reply. :smiler:

1. The noise of the external MIC is not ubiquitous and this issue can be resolved by changing a new MIC.
2. As for the noise of the unit, please rest assured that we have resolved it with modified power wire. There are two kinds of specific wires, wire for Bose system and the wire for Non-bose system.
3. Please note that Easyconnection doesn’t support with IOS11 devices.
4. Actually we used better Bluetooth module for the new unit GA8151. Optimizing and debugging were made on the Bluetooth software in the production. :-o The call sensitivity becomes higher. In a word, the Bluetooth phone function has been improved greatly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This looks cool, but it is odd that the new model has a newer OS, but seems to have slower processor, and less ROM. Why is the GA7151A more expensive if it is a inferior model?

I was nearly going to pull the trigger on the GA8151, but now it looks like the hardware maybe inferior but it just has updated software?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This looks cool, but it is odd that the new model has a newer OS, but seems to have slower processor, and less ROM. Why is the GA7151A more expensive if it is a inferior model?

I was nearly going to pull the trigger on the GA8151, but now it looks like the hardware maybe inferior but it just has updated software?
Hi codemonkeyx, Eonon GA7151A is with Android 6.0 system, 2GB RAM, Octa-core, 32GB ROM while GA8151 is with latest Android 7.1 system, 2GB RAM, Quad-core, 16GB ROM. :eek:h:

You can see GA7151A has better hardware and more space for app installation
But GA8151 Android 7.1 unit also has many new features that Android 6.0 does not have.
You can check the new features here:

The running speed of them are almost same. But if you want to experience the new features, we suggest you can consider about the GA8151.
So it hard to say which one is better, its depends on what features you prefer. Hope you understand, thanks!
In addition, we will release the new GA8151 with Octa-core in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi studentslacker, yes our GA8151 supports with showing the Album Cover Art of Bluetooth music on the screen. Check here: https://www.eonon.com/UserFiles/image/new_ga8151/2-bose.png Hope it helps, thanks!
Did you ask about the new release of Eonon Android 7.1 head units with 2GB & Octa-Core for the cars Mazda 3 2004-2009? If yes, then we could tell sorry we cannot comment on product strategies but please keep a close eye on our official sites & facebook & new thread here for updates! :grin2:

@EononCarDVD - your Facebook page uploaded a customers review of the GA8151. However, when he reviewed streaming music via bluetooth to the GA8151, it looks like the album cover art was not showing on the GA8151, even though the album cover art was showing on his cellphone.

I have attached a picture showing the album art on his phone but not showing on the GA8151 when he was streaming music via bluetooth.

Your previous post said that the GA8151 does support Album Cover Art over bluetooth. Can you tell me if the reviewer was just doing it incorrectly or are there specific steps that need to be done for this to work?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@EononCarDVD - your Facebook page uploaded a customers review of the GA8151. However, when he reviewed streaming music via bluetooth to the GA8151, it looks like the album cover art was not showing on the GA8151, even though the album cover art was showing on his cellphone.

I have attached a picture showing the album art on his phone but not showing on the GA8151 when he was streaming music via bluetooth.

Your previous post said that the GA8151 does support Album Cover Art over bluetooth. Can you tell me if the reviewer was just doing it incorrectly or are there specific steps that need to be done for this to work?

Hi studentslacker, we apologize for my mistake and the inconvenience caused. You are such an observant man. :goodjob: Please alllow us to make an explaination here. It is not available to showing the album cover art when streaming music via bluetooth to the head unit GA8151. The interface of Bluetooth music on the screen of the unit is fixed.
But if you play the music on the APP "music" or "Spotify" directly. It supports with showing the album cover art on the screen of the head unit. Please check the details here:

Hope it helps, thanks. :smile2: Thanks again for your kind feedback and help me be clear. :yay:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great radio, until...

I bought a GA8151 Christmas present to myself. It worked great, right up until this last Saturday, 2/3/2018. While driving home from a evening shopping with the kiddo at Lego Store, I had a split screen of Bluetooth audio and Waze going. Suddenly, black screen, still had audio. Hmmmm. Pressed the power button, now no audio...
Send a message to Eonon support via FB Messenger, response is to update the firmware, follow these instructions, al;l shoudl be good. I DONT HAVE A WORKING DISPLAY!
Send message number 2, response states tech support wont be back until tomorrow, we'll be in touch. 3 days later, I start up a Messenger stream, get a response to press the power and reset button together, follow these instructions via a YouTube video. Follow the instructions, still no display. Send message with response of no display, waiting.

Not thinking the Eonon was a reliable purchase....

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought a GA8151 Christmas present to myself. It worked great, right up until this last Saturday, 2/3/2018. While driving home from a evening shopping with the kiddo at Lego Store, I had a split screen of Bluetooth audio and Waze going. Suddenly, black screen, still had audio. Hmmmm. Pressed the power button, now no audio...
Send a message to Eonon support via FB Messenger, response is to update the firmware, follow these instructions, al;l shoudl be good. I DONT HAVE A WORKING DISPLAY!
Send message number 2, response states tech support wont be back until tomorrow, we'll be in touch. 3 days later, I start up a Messenger stream, get a response to press the power and reset button together, follow these instructions via a YouTube video. Follow the instructions, still no display. Send message with response of no display, waiting.

Not thinking the Eonon was a reliable purchase....
Hi Doug, we apologize for the experience you have had with your Eonon unit. We have also received your message via PM and replied you with advice there. Please find and check it, thanks. :smile2:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi there, I just put in the GA8151 in my Mazda 3 2008.
But it doesnt fit very well. There's a "gap" between the unit and the A/C Controls.... very annoying. What to do about that?
See video

https://imgur.com/a/ZkMhd
Hi d0ORk, please readjust the installation position of the head unit. Please connect with the installation clips in the exact position, and then adjust the air-conditioning control panel, and finally fix the screws.
Please follow up with the steps as below and prohibit reverse on your head unit.
settings --- >factory settings --> input password 126 ---> other ---> Prohibit reverse Hope it helps, thank you! :smile2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, rear cam is disabled now, thanks for that.
Next problem: NO SD Card can be formated. I wanted to format a SD Card but I always get an error (see attachment). I tried 16GB Intenso and Samsung 64GB.
I can put Music on it when I format it at PC and copy mp3 to it.
But the unit cant format it. I wanted to make a partition for more memory and one for data like music and stuff like on my mobile phone.
Please send me a new firmware, as it seems there is a new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, rear cam is disabled now, thanks for that.
Next problem: NO SD Card can be formated. I wanted to format a SD Card but I always get an error (see attachment). I tried 16GB Intenso and Samsung 64GB.
I can put Music on it when I format it at PC and copy mp3 to it.
But the unit cant format it. I wanted to make a partition for more memory and one for data like music and stuff like on my mobile phone.
Please send me a new firmware, as it seems there is a new one.
Hi d0ORk, a warm notice to you is that Eonon head units GA8151 support with USB flash drive, MP3 player & SDHC card with up to 64GB of storage. Hope it helps, thanks. :smile2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts