Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I bought and installed the Eonon GA9451b and it worked perfectly for a few weeks. I routed the USB cable throught the mid console and wasn't really happy with it so I decided to re-route it through the glove compartment. When I wanted to plug in the cable again I smelled smoke coming from the back of the Head Unit and behold, it wouldnt turn on again.when I started the car.I checked both the fuse at the back of the Head Unit and in the internal fusebox, both were fine. Didn't even have the key in the ignition when I was working on the cables.
Needless to say I am very bummed out by this as I was reallyu happy with the upgraded functionality.
Does anyone have any idea what could've gone wrong here and if it will be covered by the warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
All of those Chinese pure Android radios are trash. Oh sure, the idea behind them is nothing short of incredible. I loved the idea so much I tried three different ones before I got fed up and couldn't take it anymore.

The warranty is nearly non-existent, and even if you did have to warranty it, you'd spend at least $50 in shipping sending it back to China.

Your best bet it to buy a name brand unit from Crutchfield: Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, JVC. Those actually do have warranties.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with theblooms... It's difficult to say what went wrong, however that was dangerous. I also bought my Eonon unit, it is in fact just a peace of chinese trash. It worked fine a month or two, after that it just died. Not to mention that was draining my battery while the car was stopped.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It's possible that the USB cable got damaged somehow when you were rerouting it and shorted, taking the radio out with it. Otherwise it could just be a fluke. As for the warranty, see if they will do anything for you. If they won't or want you to pay a huge shipping charge to send it back then contact the company you used to pay for it. If you used a credit card or PayPal then they will probably be able to get your money back.

Personally, I have a Joying HU in my car and haven't had any real issues with it. It has much better specs than Eonon offers too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts