Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
They work fine in cars. Literally hundreds if not thousands of people run them every day, me being one of them. (I have the Daytons in my wife's Honda). I specifically say those particular 6.5's because you can run them full range, no crossovers. They are that smooth, all the way out. For tweeters, pick something at random, doesn't matter. Or hell, use your stockers. A tweeter just needs a simple capacitor on them, nothing fancy. A simple 10uF cap works for 99.9% of tweeters on the market, and if you get the Dayton AMT's that match the Classic mids, Parts Express will give the caps to you for free.
I'm pretty appalled that you present yourself as an audio expert but do tweeter and crossover selection like that. That doesn't work at all unless you happen to get very lucky playing part selection bingo. I'm not going to clutter up the original posters thread anymore, it just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
For my car, no. For a cheap setup, it works great. Hell, look at some Hybrid Audio separates. Even their two entry level tiers, the Mirus and the Imagine, they don't come with passive crossovers.

If the speaker is designed properly and made to run wideband, crossovers, though nice, aren't truly necessary. It's all about saving money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you all posters for your comments and advice. I have a direction and some ideas. I will let you know how it all turns out. Great stuff for real.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts