Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am finally making the jump to dSLR and I am drooling at the kind of picutres I can potentially take with a better camera. I have been looking at cameras and at first I was going to go for a Cannon XS, but now I have heard of a lot of good things about the Nikon D60. Both can be bought within the same price range... I wanted to take nice crisp low light pictures, like many of the people on this forum. Any advice on which camera is better for me? and any tips on deals, packages, or lens?

I am really torn between these two! Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
954 Posts
+1.

Kev

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I got the Canon XSi over the D60 and XS, because it was almost directly aimed at the D60 for competition, but with a little more fancy stuff like the 12.2 megapixel and 3 inch LCD screen.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
+1

The Nikon did feel a little nicer in my big hands, but for my own reasons I just decided to go with the Canon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
BTW if anyone is looking for god reviews or info on cameras if you dont know already about the site is dpreview.com i use to hang out there but it caused me to spend more money to be happy. now this forum is doing it to me too. lol

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was in the same situation during Christmas and ended up getting the Canon XS. Read a bunch of reviews and they all pointed to it being a great entry level dslr.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
meh.. I would stick with Canon. I may be biased but there are more accessories for the Canon than a Sony. Lenses and what not.

I have never had a good experience with a Sony camera. I have had two point and shoots and my GFs Sony point and shoot was garbage too. I bought her a Canon P&S and she loves it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sony NO had a friend that his said over heat and quit in the hot sun nikon and canon kept going=better quality for hars enviroments. also did a drift shoot in heavy rain no protection on my nikon got soaked and no problems. got to love pro equipment

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In the light of the Circuit City liquidation, I am waiting for bargain prices before I make my move to get a dSLR. Seems like I can't really go wrong with either Nikon or Canon. I think I might go with a Canon XS or XSi!

I really appreciate the feedback, and of course I am going to have to pick up a tripod for those sexy night pics!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.