Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get an engine at a reasonable price in PA. My rod bearings went and I need to replace the engine. PLease let me know

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello, Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get an engine at a reasonable price in PA. My rod bearings went and I need to replace the engine. PLease let me know
Aside from a little extra info of what in particular you need (LOL SHIPO!!) you can try LKQ Online. They'll ship from anywhere to anywhere. I couldn't find any Mazda replacement engines in Colorado with less than 100k miles on them! So I was going to buy an engine from Florida with lower miles on it, but it probably had been sitting for many years - and I imagined it getting covered in salt spray on a regular basis.

Anyway, I did an engine swap with a 2012 2.5L Ford Fusion engine into a 2007 Mazda 3. It's a great replacement engine. You can get new engines to (up to 2015 I think) with less miles. I've seen some of them offered with only 1k miles. Mine had 20k on it. The delivery was expensive since it was sent directly to a residential address (vs. a business address), and they offloaded from their truck into my garage for me. In total I paid $800 because delivery was something like $200 or $250.

Something to think about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts