Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they a good idea or will they cause more problems than they solve?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Depends on the additives I guess. Some really good additives don't cause problems at all. But generally from what I heard, they cause more problems. Not 100% sure, I'm not the expert. Anyone?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Personal opinion - I never suggest that additives are used. Have they been tested on all cars to be safe? Probably not.

For peace of mind, I prefer taking my car to the dealership and having them properly flush the systems vs. adding compounds to the existing structure which do not truely clean them out. Yes it costs more, but what you want is to save that money in the long-run by having it done properly.

I'm reminded of this shower cleaning stuff I bought. After each shower, you spray this stuff on the wall to keep calcium deposits from forming. It works fairly well, but it doesn't ever really clean the shower. Same goes for fuel and other additives for cars.

·
Registered
444 Posts
In Aust. our manual tells us strictly to not use fuel additives..

W

·
0 Posts
Hell, my dealer is pushing this crap... oil treatments, fuel injection cleaners, etc. None of it does any good as long as you're using decent quality gas and oil, and it really lowers my opinion of the dealer service dept. even further!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been using Duralube for years and I've found that it makes your engine run smoother, accelerate easier and get better gas mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts