Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know if there was anybody on here with a swapped out engine.

itd be great to see a rotary mz3

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
no luck man, maybe something will come up by '08 though. it's more ecu at this point than anything else if that helps

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
RX7 swap?.... MS6 swap? .... I was just thinking about that yesterday...

I wonder if it would be possible for a MS6 motor and drivetrain swap?

sorry don't mean to jack your thread, man...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
[quote author=island warrior link=topic=66450.msg1139867#msg1139867 date=1168314053]
RX7 swap?.... MS6 swap? .... I was just thinking about that yesterday...

I wonder if it would be possible for a MS6 motor and drivetrain swap?

sorry don't mean to jack your thread, man...
[/quote]

if you have everithing from engine, tranny, ecu, harnes it should be possbile

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was thinking more along the lines of a rotary engine, but i guess it could be interesting with some other engines too.

so many ideas, so little money

·
Registered
137 Posts
what about a 2.3l swap for those people who have the 2.0? has anyone done that yet?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
that's a waste of money too. you can get a big bore kit or a turbo.

the idea of an engine swap when you engine is completely fine doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i agree i was just curious to see if anyone attempted it...

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
it would be possible since the engines are identical.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
though cool and all, most people do swaps for more power, or reliabilty...no? when you can get even the 2.0 block over 400hp, what else do you want? a rotary would be cool, but even after all the work, it'll cost WAY more than any turbo build on the existing motor.

now i know many "just want to" but i think the reason should be said in those cases.

ie:
..would really get me points in the shows
...i've got an extra 3 rotor in the garage, just wanna mount it
....mommy's paying for everything

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
If you want to be cool, just drop a big V8 in there and call it a day.

As stated unless you have alot of money to burn and just want a expensive and complicated prodject it is a waste.

Unless you have everything needed in front of you very very cheap and have the means to do all of the fab work needed then it could be a cool "just to be different" project!

But there are way better ways to use what you got.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
but why would other people put a Nissan Skyline Motor into a 240sx and call it a Silvia?

Yeah, you would look at that and say "why" but they do it ...

Ask me why I would do a swap, I would say "cause I can"

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
an RB into a 240 makes sense though. they are very common, and fairly easy swaps. ecu issues aren't as previlant as they are with the new systems. if i had a 240 you bet your ass i'd have one in there too!

not all motor swaps are dumb, but moving to the same thing...or less, is

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i think the thing is that when your car is brand new, it makes no sense unless u need to replace ur motor.

what other motor would you put in our car that doesn't require a lot of fab work? nothing! anything you try will require a lot of work and a lot of $$.

people here have a hard enough time installing intakes. i would hate to see them try a motor swap.

putting a rb26 in a 240 is virtually a direct swap, plus the motor is cheap, and there is a lot of aftermarket support for it. the cost isn't very high

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
anything 240//drift is expensive. $4 grand for anything in good shape. now i guess that isn't A TON. but, i'd just turbo my car for 4 grand instead of a whole new motor

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=66450.msg1142128#msg1142128 date=1168410565]
anything 240//drift is expensive. $4 grand for anything in good shape. now i guess that isn't A TON. but, i'd just turbo my car for 4 grand instead of a whole new motor
[/quote]

240's are cheap. drifting is expensive.

you can find full swap rb's for 3-5k and full swap sr20's or 1-2k on ebay all day long.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well ok... Nov. Issue of Modified Mag ther is a 00' Mitsu. Mirage Coup with a 4G63 Evo 8 Engine swap

Pulled 300whp... Thats what a motor swap is all about , doing somthing that's isn't done everyday...

Making your car what you what to be , personalizing your ride, to reflect your imagination & your

personality. That's why I'm part of this import scene, because one day, I want people to look at my car

and say "How in the fuck did you do that?"

People are not gonna say "what happened to your original motor?"

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=island warrior link=topic=66450.msg1142146#msg1142146 date=1168411735]
Well ok... Nov. Issue of Modified Mag ther is a 00' Mitsu. Mirage Coup with a 4G63 Evo 8 Engine swap

Pulled 300whp... Thats what a motor swap is all about , doing somthing that's isn't done everyday...

Making your car what you what to be , personalizing your ride, to reflect your imagination & your

personality. That's why I'm part of this import scene, because one day, I want people to look at my car

and say "How in the fuck did you do that?"

People are not gonna say "what happened to your original motor?"
[/quote]

where and how are you posting? your spacing and lines are alll messed up on my computer?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
looks fine to me

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
off topic, but i think it's funny how often 415 and i are on the same page. don't know why, but the stuff just seems to make sense?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts