Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did I read your post correctly, you used a Mazda 6 2.5L Throttle body and it worked with the electronics? A few people were saying in the original thread on this swap that they were not compatible like the Ford ones. If it does thats awesome and good info to note.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did I read your post correctly, you used a Mazda 6 2.5L Throttle body and it worked with the electronics? A few people were saying in the original thread on this swap that they were not compatible like the Ford ones. If it does thats awesome and good info to note.
Who's post? You can use the Speed3/Speed6/CX7 throttle body, which are a direct bolt on to the 2.5 manifold and work with the 2.3 electronics, and it looks like a few people have been able to use 2010-ish 2.5 Mazda3 throttle body as well.

However you still need an adapter for the evap line and a vacuum source for retaining the flapper controls. I sell that kit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Who's post? You can use the Speed3/Speed6/CX7 throttle body, which are a direct bolt on to the 2.5 manifold and work with the 2.3 electronics, and it looks like a few people have been able to use 2010-ish 2.5 Mazda3 throttle body as well.

However you still need an adapter for the evap line and a vacuum source for retaining the flapper controls. I sell that kit.
You said it yourself, page 111 on the 04 2.3 to 2.5 swap successful thread.

·
Registered
192 Posts
2010-ish Mazda3 2.5 throttle body, any year Speed3/6/CX7 throttle body, or your original 2.3 throttle body.

What I was saying in those posts is that the 2.5 throttle body (not including 2010 Mazda3) does NOT work, because the pinout and voltages are different. And I actually need to change that a little. It's not the pinout, it's just the voltages that are different, the ECU cannot match the voltage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am replacing the engine on my 06 2.3 due to excessive oil consumption. 2-3 quarts every 300 miles.

I am looking at getting a 2.5 off ebay and am also considering replacing the manual transmission. Does anyone know is the later transmissions will bolt into the 06 3? I believe the are six speeds? (2010 -2012). If I replace the TCM will it work? Mainly I am concerned about bolting it on, the linkage, etc.

Also, will the later Mazda 2014-15 work as a core? Is it possible to get these engines to work with the older 04-09s?
I just purchased a 2010 Mazda 6 2.5 with 69k engine shipped to my house for $380. Hopefully I can it to work. It was so cheap I just took the chance. They have a few of these low mileage 2.5 for clearance sale right now. Check ebay. The place is from Philly.

The engine comes with the exhaust manifold so I am thinking I may be able to just drop it in and have an exhaust pipe welded rather than swapping the front cover, oil pan, etc. I will need to purchase an alternator but everything else is there.

Any thoughts?
Hi..could you help me to find an engine like the one you got..i'm not seeing any for that price..i'm [email protected]..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts