Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 Mazda 3 has started showing engine light and code says EVAP. Have spent $600.00 replacing first gas cap and then vent pipe with no improvement. Car runs fine, no signs of problems at all. Prior to engine light, couple of weeks before, I began having trouble getting gas in, had to drip feed it or the nozzle would shut off - 10 minis. to pump 1/4 tank. Sure sounded like a venting problem but so far just $$$$$$$$ with no fix. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My '04 Mazda 3 has started showing engine light and code says EVAP. Have spent $600.00 replacing first gas cap and then vent pipe with no improvement. Car runs fine, no signs of problems at all. Prior to engine light, couple of weeks before, I began having trouble getting gas in, had to drip feed it or the nozzle would shut off - 10 minis. to pump 1/4 tank. Sure sounded like a venting problem but so far just $$$$$$$$ with no fix. Any thoughts?
The code didn't just say EVAP, what was the number

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have the actual code number it would be helpful. My suggestion is to find a service center that can perform an EVAP Smoke test. It's just what it sounds like. They introduce "smoke" into the system then they can visually tell where the leak is.

Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts