Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i register to this forum to seek advice since i cant find a solution for the problem that has over 1 year.
Problem/Symptoms: Car Start to lose power After hours of driving and going uphill, if i slam the gas pedal there is no response, if i barely press it, it gets going. No check Engine lights
This Does not happen on the city driving, only after long periods of driving, going uphill.
The Car Doesnt Shut Off (Never have happened that), the car in idle do not bounce the revs (smooth idle), the car does not sputter, the car does not shake.
Sometimes while driving for 3-4 cycles going uphill check engine light comes on (system too lean off idle )

Parts Replace: Fuel Pump Twice (NOT THE WHOLE UNIT), fuel filter inside the pump x2, fuel filter outside the pump x4, cleaned injectors, replaced spark plugs with OEM, wiring problem with ignition coils fixed, the air filter is new, the maf sensor is clean, the throttle plate is clean also, the cat is not clogged (i have seen it), The transmission shift normal when the problems appears, and the trans is in good shape.

i live in venezuela, hot weather, we use 15w40 oil semi synthetic and replaced every 3k miles, lot of traffic and idle periods the numbers on the odomoter dont show the usage of the car.

Mazda 3 2.0 Liters AT 2007 118.000 kms that about 73.000 miles

Im open to suggestions, opinions, and would like to thanks any advice.

My theory> i have still a theory in my mind, there is a third filter inside the fuel pump assembly that i have not changed because i would have to buy the whole unit and may be clogged forcing the pump to overheat...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving a rather old thread... Anyone know if Rob ever solved this ? I'm down in Peru, and exactly the same symptoms, only after a long period driving and going uphill - passing around 2000 masl the symptoms start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I have seen this when transmission fluid gets too hot. Car just revs and transmission doesn't engage. I had similar issues at the track with my 2014 GT 2.5 AT. I finally found that when reading transmission temps it only happened when transmission temp was hot under heavy load. It was recommended to me by a transmission builder to do a partial transmission flush and add this:
Amazon.com: Lubegard 63010 Platinum Universal ATF Protectant, 10 oz.: Automotive

My trans doesn't get as hot and I don't get shift stalls anymore, even after 2 years of track days since adding the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts